See more Slow Cooker recipes HERE.
It’s day three of our 25 Days of Slow Cooking series and Mrs. Potts is keeping busy! These Slow Cooked Buffalo Chicken Sliders are one of those super easy throw it in the pot meals that you can’t mess up, and always get great reviews.
I was completely scared off the first time I made these after reading through the ingredients, however since our pantry always has six bottles of Frank’s Hot Sauce (because my hubby is addicted to Buffalo Chicken Dip), I decided to try them out a few years ago, and now they’re on our regular dinner rotation. Here’s a quick warning though: this recipe is just a wee bit on the spicy side (obviously!), so if you tend to shy away from spicy foods try out these yummy-slow-cooker-not-spicy-at-all barbecue sandwiches.
To pinch those pennies on dry ranch packets, we use this homemade mix.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz. Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 dry ranch dressing packet
- 1 package dinner Rolls (our favorite are King's Hawaiian Rolls)
- ranch dressing for topping
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix together ranch seasoning and hot sauce, pour over the meat.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken, and slice buns in half.
- Add chicken to buns, drizzle with ranch dressing.
If you’ve tried out a great slow cooker recipe I’d love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I’m planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I’d love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment HERE to share your tips.
Here are the sale items and coupons you’ll want to watch for this week (2/5/13) to pinch those pennies on this meal:
- Frank’s Hot Sauce ~ Use $.50/1 or $0.75/1 Franks Redhot Sauce, exp. 3/31/13 (SS 01/20/13)
- Ranch Dressing ~ $1/1 Ken’s Dressing, exp. 2/28/13 (SS 01/13/13) or $0.75/2 Wish-Bone or Western Dressing, exp. 2/24/13 (RP 01/27/13 R)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $3.99/lb at Publix (yikes. . . )
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls ~ Use $1/1 Kings Hawaiian Round Bread or Kings Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, exp. 2/9/13 (RP 12/09/12 R)
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)