Sooooo. . . I didn’t go over my grocery budget this week. But, I did hardly any penny pinching, and when I got home from shopping and saw how very little I was able to get (since I was in a hurry and didn’t have my coupons with me), I was more than a little disappointed. Here’s what a whopping $26 bought at Kroger yesterday (yikes!)
And here are my totals for the week:
- Publix: Spent $13.54 Saved $5.93
- Kroger: Spent $24.58 Saved $8
- Total: $38.12
Because we’re fairly well stocked right now on groceries, I didn’t need to spend much. My husband and I are heading out of town for a conference soon, and with my parents coming to care for our kiddos I knew there were a few items they would need. (Breakfast for dinner is as good as it gets around here!) When I ran by Aldi’s yesterday morning (where I’d planned on stocking up. . .) I realized they didn’t open until 9 so decided to swing by Kroger instead. The Buy One Get One String Cheese at Kroger looked like a decent deal, but goodness . . . it still added up!
The moral of the story? (If there is one . . . ) We all have days when there just isn’t enough time in the day to “extreme” coupon shop, and it really is okay. While that picture does make me a little sad (I just hate to spend that much money on so little!), I did get what my family needed this week, and next week I’ll be right back at penny pinching. If you have a week where things are just off, try to stick to your budget, and then cut yourself some slack . . . remember this is something we’re in for the long haul, so it’s not like the savings are ending today!
And, your penny pinched deals really help during those crazy weeks. While I didn’t save all that much this week, we have plenty stockpiled in the pantry, so I only missed deals on a few items that were basic staples. Fill your pantry and freezer with as many great deals as you can, so that there’s room in your budget for a setback along the way!
I’d love to hear how you’ve done this week ~ take a minute to leave a comment by clicking HERE and share your updates!
New to budgeting and don’t know where to begin? Here are a few posts that might help you get started:
- Don’t Sacrifice What You Really Want For What You Want Right Now
- Budget Check Up Week One: Have You Determined Your 2013 Grocery Budget
- Are you on an all cash budget?
- New to couponing? Here’s where to start.
- How Does Your Grocery Budget Look?
- Extreme Coupon Fraud: What You See On TV Isn’t Always Real
- Are You Spending Within Your Budget?
- Save the Way You Can Save: Penny Pinching Is Not A Competition
- Are You Satisfied With Your Penny Pinching?
- You Do Have Time To Coupon (But You Don’t Have To Do Everything. . .)
- Are Coupons For Everyone?