Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
I’m running late to pick up my girls from school (of course!), so here’s the fastest you’re-really-gonna-love-this-recipe post you’ll ever see:
Easy too because Mrs. Potts does all the work for you.
What more encouragement do you need?
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans chopped green chile peppers (I used mild)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 3 15 oz. cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place all ingredients except cheese in slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- After cooking, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred meat.
- Return meat to slow cooker, and add Monterey Jack cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese, and sour cream if desired.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week (1/23/13) to pinch those pennies on this meal:
- Perdue Fit & Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.99/lb. at Publix
- Tyson Boneless Chicken Breasts $1.79/lb at Kroger
- Publix Store Brand white beans are $1.19 (I’m betting Kroger will have theirs at a similar price)
- Daisy Sour Cream $1.49 at Kroger
- Kroger Shredded Cheese $1.99
- Swanson Broth or Stock 26-49 oz – $2.99 at Publix, use $1/3 Swanson Broth or Stock printable, stacked with $1/2 Swanson Broth or Stock In Ad Coupon
- Spices ~ check your local Aldi or Dollar General where spices are frequently $1