How To {easily} Organize Your Coupons

See Part One and my original coupon binder HERE

In today’s 25 Days to a More Organized You series, we’ll talk about how to organize your coupons {easily!}  If you’ve been looking for a simple way to organize coupons, this method might be for you. I started using only printable coupons this month and am loving it, so it’s definitely worth considering if keeping up with mounds of coupons has started to become a little overwhelming for you. :)

If you’re an experienced couponer this probably won’t have much new information to you, but hopefully it’ll help any new couponers just starting out out there!

Also, don’t forget to always click the “back” button on your browser to print an extra coupon ~ you should be able to print two per computer.

Here are the 10 Minute or Less Printable Coupon Only Lists on PPP:

These are the coupon websites that I primarily use:

And here are a few tools that may help:

I’d love to hear your tips on how you organize your coupons, and what works for you. Please take a minute to leave a comment with your ideas to share!

Comments

1. Lynn C says:

Laurie,
    Thank you so much for all you do to save us money.
    I am doing pretty much what you are doing now with the following addition: I quickly go through the inserts from the two papers I get each week and I go ahead and clip the coupons I know my family will use, coupons for new products we might try, and any high value coupons. I add those to my small wallet style organizer which is divided into categories like yours. I also add the printables in there too. I don’t end up with too many coupons to manage that way and I still have my really good coupons with me in case I stumble upon a great clearance or unadvertised deal.
    I utilize your 10 minute printable lists for Publix and Target and I fknow the coupons I need are either in my coupon wallet or filed away in my inserts by date. Easy peasy.
    Thank you so much for all you do.

Isn’t it crazy how much easier it is? This month I kind of vowed not to use any insert coupons, but I do think I’ll start going through and adding in the very best next month. I’m just so thankful to find a way to do it that is manageable and really works ~ I love saving money, but doing it in an easy way is just making penny pinching so much more enjoyable for me! Thanks so much for sharing Lynn! :)

2. Linda Burgoyne says:

Hi Laurie: I always find so many useful articles on your site. As well as the recipes. I have found since I started couponing seriously 18 months ago that I am using mostly printable online coupons and not as many out of my one Sunday newspaper inserts. I use a cut down tissue box with cardboard inserts to put the coupons I clip into categories – such as Meat, frozen foods, paper goods, personal products, etc. This works for me. I make up a grocery list every week for Publix and put the coupons I plan on using inside an old business envelop to take to the store with me. I tried to use a binder but all I did it seems was accumulate more coupons that I would use, so, back to the paper box system. ha ha…well, it works for me anyway.

3. Linda Burgoyne says:

Oh, I also have a Brother’s Laser printer, only mine is about 10 years old. It only prints in black and white, but it has been faithful with few problems.

4. Kay Russell says:

Thank you so much for your video. I am getting away from the binder also. It takes too much time to file the coupons. I’m going to try using mostly printables. Sounds like a much better way to go. I love your enthusiasm for couponing and appreciate you sharing with all of us through your website. Great job!

5. Brenda says:

Is anyone else having trouble printing coupons with the Java system? I get an error every time.

Have you tried switching to Google Chrome? I usually print my coupons there (it seems like it works the best for me), and on Java coupons a thing at the top usually pops up (you may need to turn off your pop up blocker), and then it says “update plug in or run this time”. I always choose “run this time”.

It works for me, but I have no idea if that’s the right way to do it or not. Maybe it’ll help though!

6. Kelsey Apley says:

What a fabulous idea!!! I never thought of that and LOVE both methods!!! Gonna for sure have to try it, crazy thing is I never had a binder organized by each Sunday paper and such, that is pretty brilliant!!

7. Shone says:

I use plastic folder organizer (I got several from Target for $1 each) to organize my coupons, but I sort them by expiration date instead of categories so I can throw away the expired one easily. Also I use an iPhone app (called “coupon keeper 2″) to scan my coupons into my phone so I can search them through when I eyed some price cut or clearance item in store.
    Also I always carry my Sunday paper and Internet printed coupons in my trunk, you never know when you are gonna need them! lol

8. Angie Steklenski says:

The binder did not work for me either. Very arduous to keep up. I have a multi level bin at home where I keep my inserts but I generally cut/file the coupons that I know I will use and put in my small coupon holder (sorted by category). I also keep special coupons or booklets in the front of the coupon holder since they often hold a mix of coupons.

I always have the coupon holder with me (store in my car).

When I look for matchups or see a special deal, I cut what I need out of the inserts and take along with me to the supermarket as well.

They allows me to take advantage of coupons for those quick, unplanned supermarket trips or for when I'm feeling lazy about dealing with coupons.

Great tips Angie! While I loved my binder for awhile, I’m with you that it was a LOT to keep up with. Love your tips to keep your coupon holder with you as well as special booklets!

9. Gail says:

Just recently started using the binder (last 6 months). I find that it takes me forever to get the coupons from their sorted piles into my binder. However, when I do have it all together, I tend to save more. Not sure if I am going to continue with the binder or not. I might just keep all the inserts together and keep them in the binder that way. I have started using printable coupons than inserts. Generally, if I take the time and money to print something, then I know I am going to use it.

10. Fran Blocker says:

I am just starting with couponing and have come to a roadblock. When looking at the page for CVC it talks about EBC what are they talking about?

11. Fran Blocker says:

ECB sorry

12. These are Extra Care Bucks. It's prints at the bottom of your receipt and you can cut it off and give it to the cashier with your next purchase.

For example, from this week at CVS:
    Buy 1 Colgate Multi-Pack Toothpaste Travel Size at $3.19, Get $3 ECBs (Limit 2)
    $.19 after ECBs

What this means is that if you buy 1 Colgate Multi-Pack Toothpaste Travel Size, you will pay $3.19 at the register. However, on the end of your receipt will be $3 that you can use towards your next purchase. Basically, your "true" cost for those toothpastes will end up being only $.19 because $3.19-3.00=$.19. I hope this helps!

13. These are Extra Care Bucks. It's prints at the bottom of your receipt and you can cut it off and give it to the cashier with your next purchase.

For example, from this week at CVS:
    Buy 1 Colgate Multi-Pack Toothpaste Travel Size at $3.19, Get $3 ECBs (Limit 2)
    $.19 after ECBs

14. Fran Blocker says:

Jessica Gremillion yes now I can put a name to the initials. Thanks so much.

15. Karen Green Knight says:

You Rock PPP and thank you for inspiring me daily with ideas, deals, and just little tidbits that add a delight to my day. Happy New Year's and I hope you and your family have a Blessed 2014 bringing in the coupon savings. I too love saving money on my shopping "adventures!"

16. Inger Andersen says:

Trying to understand the world of couponing very quickly! We just moved to Alaska, to a town with 1 very expensive Safeway. Any suggested posts I can read to learn how to combine coupons , reward card, and use more than one at a time? The policy part of it all intimidates me. Thanks to PPP for all the useful tips!

17. Chelsea says:

When you use the printable coupons, how many can you print? I thought you can only print 1 and how do you stock pile with only 1 coupon?

Typically two per computer – hope that helps Chelsea! I print from at least two computers and then sometimes ask a friend to print for me also if it’s a really good coupon. :)

18. I file my inserts by date. I kd not clip anything till I look at the match ups. Then I pull the folder for that date and clip what I need. Then I use a small expandable folder to take with me to the store. This takes no time at all. I do print coupons as well