With Super Bowl just around the corner, you may be like me and looking for a few yummy appetizers and dips to try out, and I promise, this one is always a hit. I found this recipe for Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls over on Pinterest, and to say it’s amazing is just an understatement . . . it’s perfect! If you’re making a pot of Slow Cooked Potato Soup or Chicken Tortilla Soup anytime soon this would make a great addition, or serve it up while you’re watching a little football this weekend. 🙂
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, not sliced (round is best)
- 8-12 oz cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 3 oz bag Real Bacon Bits look for this near the cooked bacon; ours was near the meat department
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- Carefully slice sourdough bread both directions with a sharp serrated knife, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the loaf.
- Take cheese slices, and place in between cuts in the bread. Then add bacon (you'll want to push the bacon down into the cuts of the bread.)
- Mix together ranch dressing mix & butter. Drizzle ranch/butter mix over bread.
- Wrap in foil & place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap foil, and continue to bake another 10 minutes on 350, or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm . . . enjoy!
Here are the sale items and coupons you’ll want to watch for this week (1/31/13) to pinch those pennies on this meal:
- Kraft Chunk Cheese BOGO at Publix $3.99, use $1/3, $0.55/2 Kraft Cheese, exp. 2/20/13 (SS 01/20/13 R) regional coupon
- $1/2 Hormel Original Crumbled Bacon Bits Target printable if you shop Target or your Publix accepts Target coupons as a competitor
- Try out this homemade dry ranch dressing recipe I always use it instead of purchasing it at the store, and just keep it stored in my spice cabinet for recipes like this one