My husband loves Buffalo Chicken Dip and these Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders, so I knew when I saw this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Casserole we had to try it. I had everything in the pantry and the freezer (all the ingredients are things we usually have a bit of a stockpile on), so while it was raining outside yesterday I skipped the store and just shopped my pantry. (Don’t you love it when that happens?) I tweaked it a bit with what we had on hand, but this recipe is one of those easy recipe that can handle a little tweaking!
It took about ten minutes to throw together, and everyone loved it. My husband ranked it as good-enough-to-make-again (always how I know if our meals are any good or not. . .), my kids all ate it (shock!), and it wasn’t even as spicy as I feared. (It does have a little bit of a kick to it, but even my very picky nine-year-old could handle it, so it wasn’t too spicy!) So, if you’re looking for something different to do with some cheap chicken this week, this one’s a great recipe to add to your menu plan!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1" strips
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 5 cups potatoes, grated (can also use frozen or refrigerated hash browns that have been thawed ~ or shred the potatoes yourself)
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (we used Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 1/2 cup panko or breadcrumbs (I substituted with French's Onions ~ they were all we had on hand!)
- Heat oven to 350 and grease 13x9 inch dish with cooking spray.
- Grate potatoes, or defrost frozen hashbrowns. Pat with paper towel to get rid of some of the moisture.
- Mix together chicken strips and buffalo sauce. Layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Mix together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the casserole. (If using French's Onions, wait and add these during the last ten minutes of baking.)
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes longer, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.99/lb. at Publix
- Kraft Shredded Cheese on sale $1.99 at Publix
- Campbell’s Healthy Request Soups $1 at Kroger, use $1/3 Campbell’s Healthy Request Soups printable
- Kroger Shredded Frozen Potatotes On Sale $1.66 at Kroger
- Use $0.40/1 Frank’s RedHot Thick Sauce or Sweet Chili Sauce printable or $0.30/1 Frank’s RedHot Sauce printable (small bottles should be close to free if your store doubles coupons)