It’s the first day of our 12 Days of Christmas Baking Series, and I’m so excited to share a few yummy Christmas treats with you this year! I absolutely love to bake, so this is definitely my favorite season . . . if it were up to me I’d give up meals completely and just live on dessert.
My twelve-year-old (who’s very excited about this series . . . he loves to bake and of course try out these treats too!) helped me make this one last night and we’re to give it away for a few teacher gifts, and it was so simple to put together and tastes just delicious. I’m pretty sure we finished the entire recipe in under 20 minutes including clean-up, which of course is my favorite way to cook. Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try it out too!
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- dash salt
- Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan and heat over low heat stirring constantly until chips are completely melted.
- Pour into pan and drizzle crushed peppermint all over fudge. Press peppermint into fudge lightly.
- Refrigerate for two hours, and cut into squares. To store, keep fudge covered in refrigerator.
Do you have a favorite Christmas treat that you love to make? Leave a comment sharing the recipe, and feel free to link to it on your blog or another page and we might sample it here!
This post is linked to Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday ~ thanks for the opportunity to link up!