Did anyone happen to notice that Monday was Cyber Monday? Wheeeewwwww . . . me too! After frantically hunting down deals all morning long, it dawned on me at 2 o’clock (as I was walking out the door to take my kids to gymnastics), that I had nothing on the menu plan. . . what’s a penny-pinchin’-momma to do?
I headed over to my slow cooker board on Pinterest (we always eat slow cooker meals on Monday nights), found this recipe, and decided it would do. The verdict? My family loved it, and ate up every last bite at dinner time . . . woohooo! Since my kids are pretty picky eaters, this plain-ole’-nothing-fancy-chicken made them very happy, and amazingly, my husband raved about it too. Pleasing everyone in my family is nothing short of a miracle, so I was pretty happy with this emergency meal!
- 1-2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can chicken broth (14 oz.)
- 2 packages chicken gravy mix
- Mashed potatoes (optional)
- Put chicken in slow cooker and cover with broth. (Can substitute with 14 oz. water and a bouillon cube.)
- Cook on low in slow cooker between 4-5 hours. (It will be plenty ready, you can even start with frozen chicken!)
- Remove chicken from crockpot when tender.
- In saucepan, mix two cups of broth and two packages of gravy mix. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thicken (about two minutes.)
- Serve chicken over mashed potatoes, and top with gravy.
Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week:
- College Inn Broth 14.5 oz BOGO $1.10 at Publix
- Perdue Fit & Easy Boneless Chicken Breast, 2.99/lb at Publix or Fresh Boneless Chicken Breast $1.79/lb at Kroger