Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sliders

Enter to win one of 3 $10 Amazon Gift Cards!

I have a problem. Every single time that I see a shoulder roast at anything near a decent price, I just have to make these Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches! I know I should be way more creative, spend hours visiting Pinterest looking for something else to cook with that bargain beef, and then spend hours cooking it up for you, but it’s just not gonna happen this week. (It’s Halloween for goodness sake!) But since this beef tastes perfect as you taste-test it right out of Mrs. Potts, even better as you enjoy it on a sandwich at dinner time, and is best for leftovers the next day, I figure you’ll humor me this one more time. Seriously, what other recipe does that for you?

Because we were also having baked potatoes for dinner, my hubby decided to try the beef out on his potato which was also fanstastic, and I’m thinking the meat would taste oh-so-good even on a tortilla drizzled with some mozzarella cheese. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmm!

If you haven’t made this one yet, try it out for me . . . I’d love to hear what you think! And, if you’re worried about it being a little too spicy, you can drastically reduce the spiciness by carefully removing the peppers after cooking without letting them open, and using a turkey baster to remove about half of the juices while it simmers in the Au Jus mix. I promise. . . you’ll be glad you made this one!

Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sliders

Ingredients

• 2-3 lb. Beef Shoulder Roast On Sale $3.99 at Publix
  • 1 jar Pepperoncini Peppers
  • 1 Package AuJus Seasoning Mix Use Publix brand, about $.49 each
  • Hoagie Rolls

Instructions

1. Trim fat from roast. Place roast in crock pot, cover with pepperoncini peppers (in liquid).
  2. Cook 7-8 hours on low. Remove peppers (I usually save the jar in the morning and put the peppers back in it to throw them away in).
  3. Shred beef and mix in AuJus Seasoning. If you want it to make it a little less spicy, drain about half the liquid using a turkey baster.
  4. Cook another 30 minutes on low in crock pot. Serve on hoagie rolls.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Here are the sale items you’ll want to watch for this week:

• Should Roast On Sale $3.99/lb. at Publix, or Boneless Angus Round Roast On Sale $3.99/lb. at Kroger (I used the Boneless Angus Round Roast from Kroger this time and it was perfect)
  • Au Jus Mix ~ use store brand packet, usually $.49-$.69 per pack
  • Kroger Hamburger Bun on sale $1, or about $1.19 at Publix

Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.

Comments

1. Trish says:

I have made this many times since the first time I saw this on your site I just read this again and relized that I must not have read it right the first time, We always leave the pepperoncini in when we shred the beef(I always just get the sliced pepperoncinis). We just love it, I guess we will go on making this like we have before.

We’ve always made it with the whole pepperoncinis ~ but if you like it that way it works! My family is just so picky that anything spicy might put them over the top :) So glad you all like it!

2. Christina says:

Ive made this recipe several times myself and my family LOVES IT! So easy… ! We use the whole pepperoncinis and take them out for the kids but the hubby and I put them back on our sandwiches. Usually get some sub buns and veggies for Aldis and makes for a great inexpensive meal!

3. Ang says:

Love, love, love this recipe! We’ve had it many a time since first seeing it on your site a while back. We follow your recipe exactly, and our pickiest eaters gobble it down. It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing. It’s become my go-to dish when I’m having company over for supper and not a lot of time to prep! My kids have even named it “spicy roast.” (Even though it’s not that spicy after picking out the peppers.) Thanks for sharing it again!

4. Angela says:

This really is the best! My husband and son absolutely love it! I’ve been making it for a while now since you first gave it to us and it never disappoints. We serve it on hoagie rolls with provolone then toasted under the broiler to melt the cheese and then add the beef. By far one of our favorites!

5. Laurie says:

I love that you all like it Angela ~ we usually serve it with provolone the second night… so good!!! :)

6. Jennifer B. says:

Just wanted to chime in that this really is an easy recipe and oh-so-good. (I’m making it again for tonight!!) It isn’t spicy, the way you’d think, with an entire jar of peppers, when you follow Laurie’s instructions about removing them (just don’t crush the peppers to spill out the seeds, if you are concerned about too much spice).

I find it is a good recipe for nights we cannot all eat together as I just leave the shredded meat in the slow cooker and folks eat whenever they get home.

Thanks so much for sharing Jennifer – it’s always nice to hear know people enjoyed it… definitely a favorite here! :)

7. Sandy Ozanich says:

This looks so delicious!

8. dolly says:

Is there a substitute on the peppers, if you have none spicy eaters in the house. I am guessing it would still be a LITTLE spicy with taking the peppers out, even???

I’m wondering if you could possibly just use the pepper juice without the actual peppers? You might want 2 jars of the juices then. My kids don’t like spicy food at all, so my husband removes the peppers, completely takes out all the extra “juice” using a turkey baster, and then adds the au jus mix. They eat it without complaining then, so it might be worth trying! Let me know if you do :)