If you like this post, I’d love for you to click the “Like” button to share with your friends on Facebook, or be sure to “pin” it to your Pinterest board. Thanks guys!
This is one of those “oh-my-goodness-it’s-really-that-easy?” kind of recipes. The other day we passed by Cracker Barrel (where I really wanted to stop. . . ) and of course it got me thinking about how much I just love the Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenderloin Sandwich. (If you haven’t tried it, you need to ~ yum!) So, I did a little searching and sure enough found this recipe for the tenderloins at Food.com, and couldn’t wait to try it out!
I never expected it to be so simple, and couldn’t get over just how perfect those chicken tenders were. Seriously, this was delicious, and not one little monster at my table complained a single peep at dinner time. I went ahead and made the entire bag of tenders, so I can use the leftover chicken, lettuce and tomato for a Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Salad today for lunch. I love that.
Here’s how to get the goodness of Cracker Barrel right at home in your kitchen. . .
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice (we didn't have any so I omitted this one)
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- sourdough bread
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- Mix together Italian dressing, lime juice and honey.
- Cover chicken tenders with mixture and marinade for one hour.
- Cook chicken tenders on stove top in non-stick pan and grill until done, but not dry.
- Serve on toasted sourdough bread with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
And here are the deals that match up with this right now at a few of our favorite stores:
- Kraft Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip Dressing BOGO $4.60 at Publix
- Perdue Fit & Easy Boneless Chicken Breast, 2.99/lb at Publix, Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast at Kroger $2.49/lb. or Kroger chicken breast $1.79/lb. (I used a full bag of frozen chicken tenderloins and doubled the marinade, but I don’t see a great sale on those anywhere right now!)
This post is linked to Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.