Simple Broccoli & Sausage Skillet
adapted from Food.com
You all know I love Publix, but lately their meat deals have left something to be desired! While checking out the Publix ad this week, I realized all I had to work with was some bargain Pork Sausage, but thankfully my buddy Shannon (who helps so much on PPP!), suggested this Simple Broccoli & Sausage Skillet.
Now, if you’re totally against using Velveeta (I understand, but goodness it’s good!), you may be able to also substitute cheddar cheese and just melt it smooth. You can also easily substitute Turkey or Chicken Smoked Sausage for the Pork Smoked Sausage to limit your calories. (We used the Turkey Smoked Sausage which halved the calorie content in half and still tasted so good!) I served it over a plate full of bargain Wacky Mac Pasta, and it was a great deal turned into a meal at our house this week.
Here are the coupons and deals you’ll want to watch for to make this a great meal deal this week:
- Eckrich Original Smoked Sausage BOGO $2.99 at Publix, use .55/1 Eckrich Smoked Sausage printable
- Use $2.00 off 1 VELVEETA and 2 RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes
- Green Giant Steamers BOGO $2.60 at Publix, use $0.50/1 Green Giant Frozen Vegetables printable
- 1 lb. light Pork, Chicken or Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 14 oz. frozen broccoli florets
- 6 oz. American cheese, cut in cubes or Velveeta Cheese slices
- 1/4 cup milk
- cooked pasta
- Cook sausage and broccoli in large skillet for 10-15 minutes until broccoli is cooked but still crisp and sausage is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt Velveeta and milk over medium heat in small saucepan, and stir constantly until cheese is melted through.
- Pour cheese mixture over sausage & broccoli, and serve over pasta. Enjoy!
You may want to also try out this Smoked Sausage with Pasta recipe which is also so good!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.