We had these yummy White Chicken Cheesy Enchiladas for dinner last night and they were fantastic! I paired them with some Steamfresh brown rice from last week’s Publix sale and a salad, and my husband even took some leftovers to work for lunch today.
Because the Old El Paso Kits are BOGO at Publix this week, you can get a great deal on all your favorite Mexican foods this week. And while I hate to not use the all the food in the Meal Kits, it seems the best price on tortillas consistently is on this type of kit, not the pouches of tortillas sold individually. So, I usually just save the seasoning mixes for some chicken tortilla soup, and enjoy the cheap tortillas while they’re on sale! If you have any other suggestions on what to do with the seasoning packets included, I’d love to hear them.
White Chicken Cheesy Enchilada Bake
recipe adapted from Food Family Finds
- 6-8 tortillas (enchilada or burrito size)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup (or substitute with homemade cream of chicken soup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Fill each tortilla with shredded chicken, and add a tablespoon of cheese.
- Roll tortillas and put in baking dish seam side down.
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chiles, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Continue to whisk for an additional five minutes, until sauce is heated through and smooth.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas (I covered all of them), and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!