One of my favorite fall treats is a pot of soup simmering in the kitchen, and just about any soup will do. I love regular chili, white chicken chili, chicken tortilla soup, loaded potato soup, so of course, Chicken Noodle Soup is right up my alley.
Monday morning as I was trying to figure out what on earth to throw in Mrs. Potts for dinner (Monday is crockpot day at our house), I looked around our fridge & freezer and found last week’s BOGO Buitoni Pasta from the Publix sale, leftover chicken, plus a few veggies, and knew this was just the meal to make. While I’ve made Chicken & Noodles on the stove top before, I’d never tried them in Mrs. Potts but this has got to be the simplest way too cook them that, and they turned out absolutely delicious. Hopefully you can hunt down all the ingredients in your pantry too! Here’s what you’ll need:
Homemade Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth 4 cups makes it very thick, if you’d like a thinner soup, lean towards 4 cups broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can creamed corn, undrained may substitute with drained regular corn, but this is what I had in the pantry
- 1/2 cups onion
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 1 package Buitoni pasta (we used fettucine) or No Yolks Noodles
- Chop veggies finely (I used my KitchenAid Food Chopper)
- Add first 7 ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Pour in chicken and pasta, cook an additional hour on high, or until noodles are cooked.
- Serve with homemade bread and a salad. . . yummm! And if you really want to treat your family, whip up some Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter ~ I promise, your family will all love you for it.
Recipe adapted from Creatively Domestic. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.