I had visions of a completely organized life once my baby started kindergarten, but I’m pretty sure I can throw that idea right out the window. (I know that sounds nuts to all you mommas with little ones still home out there. . . to be honest it sounds kind of nuts to me too!) While my days have definitely gotten a wee bit quieter, my afternoon and evening crazies are just about to push me right on over the edge. As I type I’m sitting in an over-heated car while two of my three have gymnastics. . .and then we head to soccer and baseball practice ~ whew!
Because of our crazy schedule, I’d just about given up on eating at home at least one night a week because I couldn’t come up with quick meals on the go. But this week when I saw a few recipes for Pizza Bites over on Pinterest, I figured maybe I could swing this on one of our crazy nights! I popped these in the oven before heading out to carline today, left some home for my son and hubby to have before baseball, and brought a few with me tonight to feed my girls in between gymnastics and soccer. While I’m pretty sure it’s not the healthiest meal in town, it’s gotta beat McDonald’s and it’ll save me $20 at the drive thru. Hopefully it’ll do the same for your family.
Busy Night Pizza Bites
- Thin Crust Pillsbury Pizza Dough or Pillsbury Biscuits
- Spaghetti Sauce (we used Classico that was in the pantry)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni or other toppings (I love the tiny pepperonis!)
- Roll dough out in small circles . . . if using a pizza pie crust you can use a large cup to cut out the circles (see picture below). Place in greased muffin tins. (I did half with biscuits and half with pizza dough ~ one can of biscuits made 10 bites and the pizza dough cut in circles made about 12 bites. They were both good, so whichever you find cheapest will work perfectly!)
- Spread about 1-2 tsp. spaghetti or tomato sauce on top of dough.
- Add 2 tbsp. cheese per pizza bite.
- Top with pepperoni or other toppings.
- Bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes.
- Reheat when you need them by microwaving for 30 seconds.
If you have any other suggestions of great meals on the go, I’d love to hear them! We’re always looking for something other than PB&J around our house, so feel free to share your tips in the comments section.