I posted this recipe last fall, but it matches up so well with this week’s sale at Publix that I decided it was time to pull it out again. It’s such a simple meal to put together, and perfect for a busy weeknight. Plus, you can get all the ingredients (including side dishes) for around just $7 this week, and possibly even less if you have a few of the items in your pantry (which I’m betting you do!)
One Dish Italian Chicken Bake
recipe adapted from Kraft Foods
- 4 bone-in chicken pieces, 2-3 lbs. total
- 1 1/2 lb. baking potatoes (about 3), cut into very thin slices (I used my apple peeler to peel and slice these)
- 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing, 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Peel and cut potatoes into very thin wedges. (If they’re not cut thinly enough, they won’t have enough time to cook through.)
- Mix together chicken (with marinade) and potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan & Italian Seasoning, cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until chicken is done (reaching 165 degrees), uncovering after the first thirty minutes.
(If you’re ready for a super early fall crafting project, here’s how I made “Give Thanks” blocks peeking out in the background.)