If you’re anything like me, shopping with a bunch of kids tagging behind you in the summertime is at the very bottom of your what-I’d-just-love-to-do-this-summer list. Thankfully, my little stockpile has been sufficient to save me from making way too many grocery runs with kids in tow this summer! So, as I was hunting down a recipe to make this week, I decided it would be really nice if I could find something that we had ingredients on hand for, and this one fit the bill.
We had a few baking potatoes left over from grilling night last week, and thanks to our coupons have enough barbecue & Worcestershire sauce to last us at least until my son heads off to college. (Okay, not really, but we do have quite a few bottles in the pantry!) And as you may have figured out from the picture below I had two bottles of barbecue sauce all but cleared out in the fridge, so I let them sit upside down a bit to use up every last bit before throwing away those bottles.
Slow Cooked Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
- 12 oz. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- baking potatoes
- cheese, sour cream, or chives (optional)
- Place frozen chicken breast in bottom of the crockpot.
- Mix together remaining four ingredients and dump them on top of the chicken..
- Cook in slow cooker on low, 6-7 hours or high 3 – 4 hours. (Mine was cooked on low for 6 hours and was completely cooked, however my slow cooker tends to run a little hot!)
- Meanwhile bake potatoes.
- Shred chicken and serve over potatoes. Add toppings as desired.