Why Pinching Those Pennies Is Soooooo Worth It. . .

My sweet husband surprised me a few weeks ago with an anniversary trip to the Florida Keys, and we headed down last Thursday through Sunday for a quick little three day vacation . . . . WOW!  It was pretty unexpected, and absolutely amazing to have three days with no kids, no laptop, no cooking, cleaning, mommeeeeeeee cries or any of it . . (did I say WOW already?  Yup, I meant it!)

If I could, I would plop every single one of you right next to me on a plane and we’d all head on back down together . . . wouldn’t that just be fun?

But since that’s probably not going to happen I thought I could at least share a few pictures of our trip and maybe you’ll see just a peek of what it was like ~ it’s absolutely beautiful there and was such an appreciated respite from the crazy busyness of our every day lives.

By the way, James scored FREE tickets on Southwest thanks to a deal I posted back in January, and we even stopped by CVS on the drive from Key Largo to Key West to pick up sodas and snacks for free using the rest of my Extra Care Bucks . . .

This were several beautiful churches in Key West ~

The houses were just amazing . . .aren’t those porches incredible?

And chickens just walk around everywhere on Key West. . . along with iguanas. . . we even saw a few parrots flying around in Miami!

I think I just might move into a hammock . . .

Truly, this is why we pinch those pennies. I don’t want to waste my money on full-price groceries, or full-price anything for that matter.  I’d rather save our hard-earned money for things we just love, and hanging out with my hubby for a few days is right up on top of my what-I-love-to-do-most list.  (Thank you so much, James, for that!)  If you’re new to this penny pinching stuff, hang in there. . .I promise it’s sooooo worth it!  You can see more of our penny-pinched story HERE.

By the way, I was able to schedule a few posts ahead of time and my friend Shannon did an amazing job running PPP  while I was gone.  It was so nice to leave my laptop at home . . . it’s the longest I’ve been off the computer in almost three years! Thank you so much Shannon. :)

Comments

1. Heather says:

Looks amazing. So glad you got a little vacation – it’s well deserved!

Thanks so much Heather! I know that you understand how much blogging can take away from family time, so it really was amazing having a few days totally off… such a sweet gift! :)

2. darbe says:

Looks like you had a great time! Congrat’s on a grown up getaway!

3. Linda Burgoyne says:

What a sweetheart your husband is. Your truly blessed. And you both look so happy and relaxed. Sometimes it is a good thing to get away from the children and have a few days just for yourselves. I’m couponing in order to get out of debt faster. So far, its working. Maybe I will get to go on a mini vacation soon too. Great deal on your tickets, but also, what smart thinking on your part to use the extra care bucks while on vacation. : )

4. Laurie says:

Thanks guys… it really was so wonderful! Good luck on your saving Linda – hope a mini vacation comes your way soon. :)

5. Jennifer says:

I’ve followed your site for a while now since you are located in the Huntsville/Madison area, but I have never commented before. I just had to now – your pictures bring back so many great memories. The Keys are amazing! My husband and I took our honeymoon in Key West and have been back every couple of years. If the picture of the white church is the one I’m thinking of, we stay at a bed and breakfast called the Mermaid & the Alligator just across the street. Sounds like you had a great time and what a wonderful guy your husband is!

Thanks so much Jennifer! The Keys were beautiful, and I bet that’s the same church (it’s such a small area, there can’t be many of them!) It is so beautiful down there… I absolutely loved seeing it. Thanks so much for sharing! :)