If you need a quick easy meal deal to keep you eating at home this week, this one’s for you! We tried these out tonight and while I would much rather have homemade meatballs (check out these recipes HERE or HERE if you’d like a yummy homemade meatballs sandwich), these weren’t bad at all and you can’t beat the price if you have a Publix nearby with all the great sales this week. (By the way, those King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls are just perfect for this meal!)
Mini Meatball Subs
- 1 jar pasta sauce Prego on sale $1.50 at Publix, use $1/2 Prego Italian Sauce, exp. 7/31/12 (Campbell’s, Make Game Day A Snap Booklet)
- provolone or mozzarella sliced cheese Publix Sliced Cheese on sale $2, use $1/2 Markert Pantry Cheese Target coupon if considered a competitor
- pre-cooked meatballs Armour Meatballs BOGO $4.99 at Publix
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Sub Rolls King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls Advantage Buy $2 at Publix, use $1/2 King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, exp. 8/31/12 (RP 06/24/12 R) or $1/2 King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, exp. 8/31/12 (RP 06/24/12 R)
- Heat meatballs according to package directions.
- Heat pasta sauce in saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning. Add meatballs to saucepan and mix ingredients until combined and all ingredients are warmed.
- Place meatballs and sauce on open roll in baking dish and heat in oven at 300 for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Serve with . . .
- Ruffles Potato Chips BOGO $4.30
- Fresh Fruit White Seedless Grapes, On Sale $1.99/lb.