We made this treat over the weekend . . . and oh my heavens if you’ve been looking for a yummy icebox treat I definitely recommend this one! It doesn’t match up as well as I would like with the sales at Publix this week (although you can definitely get some deals on these items at Target & Kroger this week!), but was way too good for me not to share with you.
Momma’s Mudslide Dessert (adapted from All Recipes)
- 1 (16 ounce) Oreos
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush all the Oreos and mix with melted margarine in large bowl. Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and freeze.
- Slice ice cream into slivers, and spread over top of the cold Oreo crust.
- Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set.
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup margarine and vanilla in saucepan on stove. Bring ingredients to boil over medium heat and boil for seven minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and cool completely (I cooled mine in a separate bowl over ice to help it cool more quickly!)
- Pour chocolate sauce over ice cream and freeze until set. I promise you’ll love this one!
And, if it’s as hot at your home as it is here in Alabama, here are a few more recipe ideas to keep your cool in the kitchen this week. . .
Grilling or Slow Cooking Recipes (to help reduce your electricity costs in this crazy heat. . .)
- Slow Cooked Creamy Italian Chicken
- Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders
- Perfect Slow Cooked Pot Roast
- Ranch House Slow Cooked Pork Chops
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Grilled Pantry Pork Chops
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Simple Marinated Garlic Chicken
- Bacon Double Cheese & Onion Stuffed Burgers
- Mushroom Smothered Burgers