If you like Red Robin’s Whiskey River Barbecue Chicken Wrap (which happens to be my favorite item on the Red Robin menu!), you’ll love this simple recipe to make at home! They’re so easy to throw together, all the ingredients are on sale at Publix this week, and they’ll help you pinch a penny as you skip the drive-thru this week. Plus, they’re just plain old good. Here’s how to make them in your house tonight:
Red Robin’s Whiskey River Barbecue Chicken Wrap
- 1 package flour tortillas I used Mission Tortillas Spinach Wraps, Advantage Buy $2.99 at Publix, Use $1/1 Mission Tortillas coupon from 4/29 SS (expires 6/8/12), or Chi-Chi’s Tortillas are on sale for $1.19 at Kroger this week
- 1 cup cooked and sliced chicken breast Tyson Chicken Strips BOGO $3.99 at Publix, you may need two packs if you have a larger family, or grill your own using this Simple Marinated Garlic Chicken recipe
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Sauce, 19 oz bottle BOGO $2.30, use $1/2 Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, exp. 7/31/12 (RP 05/20/12)
- lettuce Publix Salad Blends on sale $1.99
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese Sargento Shredded Cheese BOGO $3.99
- 1 onion
- tortilla strips or French’s onions we used stockpiled French’s onions
- bacon (optional) I used Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Bacon on sale for $3, but you could also use Oscar Mayer Bacon on sale $4, use $0.55/1, $1/2 Oscar Mayer Selects Bacon, exp. 6/10/12 (SS 04/15/12 #2)
- Mix together barbecue sauce and ranch dressing, set aside.
- Chop onion.
- Warm chicken according to package directions and cook bacon.
- Add lettuce, chicken, bacon, cheese, onion, and tortilla strips to wrap.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce dressing mixture, and enjoy!
And if you have little guys like I do who may not like all the fillings, just set up a wrap bar for them to make their own wraps!
Serve with . . .
- Sliced Cantaloupe On Sale $2.50 at Publix
- Grapes On Sale $1.99/lb. at Publix