Patriotic Oreo Pops (And How We All Have Those Days …)

Have I shared lately that I am a mess???? Of crazy ridiculous proportions????  Last night, I was determined to find the perfect recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Salad to take to the VBS workers at our church this morning and share with you all.  Determined.

I spent an hour scanning every Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe that I could find, reading every comment with any teensy bit of information that might help me make it work (obviously I’ve failed at this one before), and then stayed up until midnight babysitting that silly Strawberry Pretzel Salad.  Only to notice at about 11:45 that I happened to forget to thoroughly read all those instructions, and had bought (and used . . . ) the wrong size box of Jell-O.  Seriously?

I said a little prayer for a miracle over that Strawberry Pretzel Salad and went to bed.  Apparently God thought we’d all enjoy Patriotic Oreo Pops more. :)

This morning, convinced I could find at least some amazing 4th-of-July-ish dessert to share, I found this simple recipe for Patriotic Oreo Pops, and decided it might just be something even this mess of a momma could handle.  I won’t even start to give you all the details of how just in the last twelve hours I’ve I’ve lost my house keys, and my car keys, helped at VBS, sat at gymnastics for two hours, killed a jillion ants that came to eat the Oreo Pop that my daughter decided to leave-have-eaten-on-the-front-porch, and tried to save some flowers from dying in our crazy hot Alabama heat . . . I’ll just tell you that it’s been a really. long. day. And I really, really hope you can use an extra simple dessert this week.  Here’s what you’ll need (whew!)

Patriotic Oreo Pops

adapted from Makoodle, check out more fantastic directions HERE

Ingredients

1. Double Stuff Oreos (absolutely required, no single stuffed Oreos around here. at all because they’re just not enough . . . ) On Sale $2.99 at Publix or $2.49 at Kroger, use $1 off Nabisco Cookie and Milk coupon from the beginning of June (if you didn’t print it, let’s hope another one comes out Monday when those Nabisco coupons normally pop up for the month!)
  2. White chocolate
  3. red, white and blue sprinkles the cake store in our town sells these by weight, I paid $2 for more than enough sprinkles
  4. Lollipop Sticks I also picked those up at the cake store where they cost $.75 for 50 pops

Directions

1. Put cake pops on sticks (go HERE to see fantastic pictures and instructions.)
  2. Melt chocolate.
  3. Drizzle white chocolate over Oreos until covered.
  4. Then drizzle sprinkles over white chocolate.
  5. Cool on wax paper.
  6. Can be refrigerated for a few days.

Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals!  If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE

Comments

1. Shannon Cape says:

I love Strawberry Pretzel dessert! The key is letting the jello set up just enough before you put it on top and I always make sure my strawberries are either fresh or if they are frozen let them thaw or the water from them thawing will also make your jello not set as well!

• Shannon Cape says:

The Patriotic Oreo Pops is a great idea, they look great!

• Thanks Shannon! It was pretty close to right because I did let it set longer (and let all the other ingredients cool), but this recipe called for a 16 oz. bag of frozen strawberries, which didn’t seem nearly enough (and all I could find were whole strawberries, so they didn’t really even look pretty…. it didn’t taste bad at all but there was no way I could take it anywhere!) All the recipes I saw said to use frozen berries, but I’m wondering if fresh would have been better maybe? (At least then I could have sliced them “prettier”?)

• Shannon Cape says:

I know that feeling looks awful tastes great! I prefer the fresh strawberries and yes they are always prettier!

• I’ll try them next time…. I’ve been eating it for breakfast and lunch for the last two days because I can’t stand to throw it out, but it’s not pretty at all! :)

2. Jennifer Wilkerson says:

I use Paula Deens recipe for strawberry pretzel salad. I have been making it for years and it’s a good one!! Hope your week gets better!

3. Jennifer G. says:

Hang in there! These super hot days are making us all a little crazy! I am dreading the weekend (in terms of heat)!!!!!

4. Yes, I agree….the heat is making us all do crazy things OR forget needed things:) My week has been much the same….this morning sounded a lot like yours yesterday. Be encouraged…..you so inspire me, make me laugh and get some crazy good deals. I love popping in on PPP a couple of times a day to get refreshed and smile:)
    Thanks for all you do~

5. Jennifer says:

I just found your blog and love it! I’m new to couponing, but so far so good….I couldn’t believe my trip to target the other day….a cart full and paid just $25. Anyway… These look great… Very cute idea! As far as strawberry pretzel salad….which I love- I found the best recipe off of joyful momma’s kitchen for the pretzel salad. She is also on pinterest and her recipes are great! She also has lots of good crock pot ones if you like those.