I spent an hour (at least!) last night trying to find a slow cooker recipe I could make this morning with the $1.99/lb. pork loin on sale at Publix this week. But I’ve tried pork loin a jillion times in poor old Mrs. Potts, and it just never seems to cook the way I expect it to! And because of the day we have ahead of us, there’s no way I’ve got time for anything but a slow cooker meal tonight.
So, I’m forking over a few extra pennies this week to purchase the $3.99 Sirloin Tip Roast and trying out this recipe for Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders. I just dumped all the ingredients in Mrs. Potts (in five minutes flat. . . yayyyy!), and will update you tonight with how it goes. My bet is they’ll be absolutely delicious, which is what I’m hoping for!
UPDATE: These were FANTASTIC and will definitely be on my regular slow cooker rotation now! The Hawaiian Bun sweetness was perfect with the au just sauce, and even my kids gave it two thumbs up! I spent $17 plus tax on the ingredients, but it will easily feed us for two meals (although I’m betting will be out of those yummy buns tonight….) I’m pretty content with that as a meal deal, and love having yummy leftovers just waiting in the fridge for tomorrow night’s meal!
Need a recipe to try though with that $1.99/lb. pork loin though and have time for a little more cooking? Here are several that I got very close to trying . . . maybe one of them will fit the bill in your kitchen tonight!
Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders adapted from All Recipes
- 3 pounds beef sirloin roast on sale $3.99/lb. at Publix
- 1 package dry au jus mix
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz. provolone cheese
- 1 package slider buns Hawaiian Sweet Rolls Advantage Buy $2.50 at Publix, use $1 off King’s Hawaiian Product, exp. 5/31/12 (RP 04/01/12 R) or $1/1 King’s Hawaiian Buns or Rolls, exp. 9/30/12 June 2012 All You Magazine
- Trim all fat from beef and place in slow cooker. Stir together water and au jus mix, and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 ours.
- Remove roast and shred or slice. Add to sliced slider rolls, and top with provolone.
- Use au jus mix from the slow cooker to dip in.
Thanks to All Recipes for another quick and easy recipe! Thanks also to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.