Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders

I spent an hour (at least!) last night trying to find a slow cooker recipe I could make this morning with the $1.99/lb. pork loin on sale at Publix this week. But I’ve tried pork loin a jillion times in poor old Mrs. Potts, and it just never seems to cook the way I expect it to! And because of the day we have ahead of us, there’s no way I’ve got time for anything but a slow cooker meal tonight.

So, I’m forking over a few extra pennies this week to purchase the $3.99 Sirloin Tip Roast and trying out this recipe for Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders. I just dumped all the ingredients in Mrs. Potts (in five minutes flat. . . yayyyy!), and will update you tonight with how it goes. My bet is they’ll be absolutely delicious, which is what I’m hoping for!

UPDATE:  These were FANTASTIC and will definitely be on my regular slow cooker rotation now!  The Hawaiian Bun sweetness was perfect with the au just sauce, and even my kids gave it two thumbs up!  I spent $17 plus tax on the ingredients, but it will easily feed us for two meals (although I’m betting will be out of those yummy buns tonight….) I’m pretty content with that as a meal deal, and love having yummy leftovers just waiting in the fridge for tomorrow night’s meal!

Need a recipe to try though with that $1.99/lb. pork loin though and have time for a little more cooking? Here are several that I got very close to trying . . .  maybe one of them will fit the bill in your kitchen tonight!

20120530-083637.jpgMrs. Potts at work while I run around all day! :)

Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders adapted from All Recipes

20120530-083144.jpgIngredients

1. 3 pounds beef sirloin roast on sale $3.99/lb. at Publix
  2. 1 package dry au jus mix
  3. 1 cup water
  4. 8 oz. provolone cheese
  5. 1 package slider buns Hawaiian Sweet Rolls Advantage Buy $2.50 at Publix, use $1 off King’s Hawaiian Product, exp. 5/31/12 (RP 04/01/12 R) or $1/1 King’s Hawaiian Buns or Rolls, exp. 9/30/12 June 2012 All You Magazine
Directions
  1. Trim all fat from beef and place in slow cooker. Stir together water and au jus mix, and pour over the roast.
  2. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 ours.
  3. Remove roast and shred or slice. Add to sliced slider rolls, and top with provolone.
  4. Use au jus mix from the slow cooker to dip in.

Thanks to All Recipes for another quick and easy recipe! Thanks also to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.

Comments

1. Brenda says:

I have a similar recipe add 1 T Italian Seasoning,a sliced onion and pepperocini peppers.

2. Jenn says:

You’ve inspired me, I’ve never cooked beef sirloin tip before, I have these ingredients on my list. We are on a low-carb diet, so we will forgo the buns. I’m get excited when I get to add a new recipe to our rotation too.

I hope you like it Jenn! I usually use a shoulder roast to make this type of recipe, but was really happy with the sirloin tip and it was sooooo easy ~ let me know how it goes! :)

3. factord_agin says:

Don’t really have any suggestions on the pork loin. I always get it sliced into chops when it goes on sale. Now pork chops I have recipes for…

I thought about getting it sliced too! I’m going to try out a few of those this weekend and see what we think…. :)

4. Jessica says:

This is what I do with a pork loin or or pork picnic whichever suits your fancy ;) Put the pork in the crockpot with 3/4 of a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce and cook on low all day. Shred the pork with a fork ( but it’s so tender there really isn’t much effort , a big time saving bonus! ) . Add in BBQ sauce of your choice (make it as wet or dry as you like for your taste) and pile it up on some Texas garlic toast you will have some awesome BBQ pulled pork sandwiches!!! My kids love them which is another added bonus :)

5. tracey says:

A recipe I usually use for the pork loin is cuban sandwiches. My kids love them!! Wrap the pork loin in aluminum foil and cook it in the oven. I usually season it with anything garlicky if its not already seasoned. Slice it into about 1/4 inch thick slices, whatever your preference is. Use hoagie rolls or sub sandwich rolls and slice them in half (like a sub) place two slices of swiss cheese on one side, sliced pork loin on the other side, top the pork with thinly sliced ham (something like oscar mayer deli sliced ham) and the claussen sandwich sliced pickles. Top that with just a little bit of mustard (not much because you only want it for flavor) and close the sandwich. Spread a dab of margarine or butter on either slice of the bun (like you would do a grilled cheese sandwich) and grill in a frying pan. Continue to flatten the sandwich with a spatula as you flip it over and over until the cheese is melted. I slice them in half and serve!

6. Cathi.Duggan says:

Hi, I know (sortof) the Tatums and live in CR…came across this site when looking for recipes for the following week…..

7. Helen says:

My family loves the recipe I have for pork loin- I use a 3lbs section of loin(usually 1/2 of one the other half i get cut into one inch chops!) .#1 freeze the loin
    #2 Spray inside of crockpot with Pam
    #3 put frozen loin in pot
    #4 put one can of Rotel on top of loin
    #5 put one envelope of taco seasoning on top of Rotel

Cook on low for 5-6 hours,shred meat stir in liquids from pot and serve like
    tacos with all the fixings….yummy and super moist !!!! Just remember must
    start with frozen loin to ensure moistness!!!