Need a super simple, penny-pinched, yummy meal this week? Here’s one that’s a slight step up from plain old spaghetti, and I’m betting your family will love it! Plus, it only takes five ingredients, which is always a favorite in my book. (Somehow that just makes cooking dinner so much easier!) I don’t like it quite as much as this best ever Cheesy Baked Spaghetti (seriously, that stuff’s just fantastic and probably my favorite pasta recipe of all time), but this one’s awfully good and couldn’t get much easier.
Here’s how to make it for your hungry family tonight:
Cheater Baked Ziti adapted from All Recipes
- 16 oz. dry ziti pasta Barilla Pasta Items BOGO $1.25 at Publix, use $1/2 Barilla Pasta Items, exp. 6/30/12 (Stop & Shop Spring Savings Flyer) or $0.55 off Barilla Pasta Sauce wyb Barilla Pasta, exp. 5/13/12 (SS 03/18/12 R)
- 1 lb. hot Italian Sausage we don’t like spicy stuff around here, so I substituted with mild sausage
- 16 oz. jar spaghetti sauce Hopefully you have some in your stockpile, if not La Flamiilglia DelGrosso Pasta Sauce is BOGO $3.50 at Publix
- 10 oz. package Philadelphia Cooking Creme On Sale $2 at Publix, use $1.50/2 Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme recent printable (no longer printing)
- 8 oz. Italian Cheese blend Kroger brand on sale $1.79 at Kroger, or Sargento Shredded Cheese on sale $2.50 at Winn Dixie, use $0.50/1 Sargento Natural Blends, exp. 5/27/12 (SS 04/15/12 #2 R)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 12 minutes, drain completely.
- Meanwhile, cook Italian sausage over medium high heat until completely cooked. Stir in spaghetti sauce and cooking creme.
- Mix together cooked pasta and sauce mixture and place in large baking dish.
- Top with Italian cheese, bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Fresh Express Salad Blends BOGO $3.99 at Publix
- Pillsbury Breadsticks On Sale $1.99 at Publix use $0.40/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust, Breadsticks, Loaves or Dinner Rolls, exp. 6/23/12 (SS 04/01/12 R)
Thanks for another great recipe from All Recipes. (I love that place!) Thanks also to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.