Here’s what I grabbed today at Aldi’s for $26.71 plus $2.14 in tax. My kiddos love fresh produce, and I’ve decided that I’ll buy them almost as much as they’re willing to eat as long as our budget allows it! Here’s the price breakdown:
- Bananas $2.57
- Apples $2.89
- Strawberries $.79 (x2)
- White Bread $.89
- Pizza $5.99 not the greatest deal, but it feeds my whole family with a few leftovers and is cheaper than eating out on a busy weeknight!
- Skim Milk $2.49 (x2)
- Chunk Pineapple $.89 for a recipe I’m trying out
- Instant White Rice also not a great price, but I needed it for dinner tonight!
- String Cheese $2.49
- Eggs $.99
- Carrots $.99
While I don’t buy many of my groceries at Aldi’s (and really think they’re priced a little high on things like cleaning supplies, snacks, and a few other items), here’s what I’ve found is worth grabbing at Aldi’s in our area:
- string cheese (if I can’t find a sale)
- produce, produce, produce! 🙂