Looking for more homemade cleaning ideas? Make Homemade Soap Scum Remover, Homemade Window Cleaner and sign up HERE for free daily emails!
Lately my rings have looked horrible (okay, my one set of rings . . . I’ve never worn anything other than my wedding and engagement ring!), and I was determined to come up with a way to get them cleaned. I’ve always hated the idea of paying for jewelry cleaner, so I usually just ask the jewelry stores in the mall to clean them, but I hardly ever get to the mall these days, and I really hate asking them when I’m there. (It just makes me feel like I should buy something!)
So last night, I did a quick google search of how to clean rings at home, and came up with this easy recipe including a whopping two ingredients . . . that I can almost guarantee you have in your kitchen right now. Here’s what to do:
Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
- Mix together 2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 cup hot water.
- Let rings set in water for a few minutes (mine set for five minutes.)
- Use toothbrush to brighten up the ring.
- All done! (How easy was that?)
- Try out this Homemade Soap Scum Remover
- Make Homemade Window Cleaner
- See what a few dollars at the Dollar Tree will do to help you get organized
- Use tension rods to organize drawers
- Easily clean dry erase boards
See more previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
Interact with 14000+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!