I asked my hubby what treat he wanted me to make for his dad’s visit (why do I ask these things?), and he said they would just love a good cheesecake. Cheesecake? Really? When Memorial Day is right around the corner and there are about a jillion yummy fruity recipes that I’d like to try out?
But, since I did ask (and it really was what he wanted. . .), I made an old recipe that I found forever ago in the Hershey’s Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook. It was perfect, and the best part is that it’s just soooooo easy. It tastes like a “real” cheesecake that’s been slaved over, but takes less than ten minutes to put together and always turns out perfectly! Now, if you’re like me (and would rather make something a little festive this weekend. . . ) try out Strawberries and Cream, Fresh Cherry Cobbler, Simply Delicious Blackberry Cobbler, Easy Blackberry Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake. . .but if you have a cheesecake lover in your home too, this one’s for you.
Cheater’s Chocolate Lover’s Cheesecake
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocoolate chips
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust
- chocolate topping
Chocolate Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Pre-heat oven to 450. Beat together softened cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract, beating well. Then stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into graham cracker crust, and bake for 10 minutes. Then, without opening the door on the oven, reduce heat in oven to 250 and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or just until set. Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Then spread chocolate topping* over top. Refrigerate for several minutes, and serve cold. Yummm!
*Chocolate Topping Directions
- In small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips and whipping cream. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, and stir until smooth. Cool slightly before pouring over cheesecake.
Looking for some Memorial Day Recipe Treats? Here are a few to get you started . . .
Can you tell we love our cobbler around here? If you have a favorite Memorial Day Treat, I’d love to hear what it is! Take a minute to leave a comment and share!