Oh my heavens, here’s another winning recipe that I found over on Pinterest. (I’m telling you what, when I have a few minutes to hang out there, that place just makes me happy!) These were simply delicious, and I’ll definitely be using this Alfredo Sauce recipe for the rest of my life. (It was that good!)
I made these last night for dinner, and my husband kept saying over and over how good they were, and he’s often my toughest critic! They really are delicious, not too difficult to make, and a nice break from plain old lasagna . . . so if you need to switch up your menu plan a bit, here you go!
Here’s a tip that I’ve learned about recipes on Pinterest: I’ve tried out quite a few recipes from Pinterest and for the most part had success. However, there have been a few that looked just fantastic, but tasted awful. If you’re looking for recipes there, be sure to read through the comments to make sure people really enjoyed it (and if you happen to enjoy any PPP Recipes, be sure to comment to let people know they’re worth trying out!) While I love Pinterest, I also appreciate the ratings on All Recipes so much because those ratings help make it simple to find fantastic recipes almost every time.
Lasagna Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups adapted from mmm. . . Cafe
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups alfredo sauce or homemade recipe below . . . I definitely recommend the homemade version!
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken On Sale $2.99/lb. at Publix or $1.99/lb. at Kroger
- garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
- Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray and cover the bottom of the pan with 1/2 cup alfredo sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain & rinse noodles in cold water, then lay out noodles to fill.
- Spread about 2 tbs. alfredo sauce on each noodle. Then sprinkle with a little garlic salt, add shredded chicken, and about 3 tbs. of mozzarella.
- Carefully roll up lasagna starting at one end, and place in pan seam side down. (This is a little messy, but you can do it!)
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce over the top, then add the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Garlic Alfredo Sauce (this recipe was just delicious!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half (we used half and half, which made the sauce a little bit thinner but was worth it to save the calories)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add fresh minced garlic, then cook for one minute.
- Add cream cheese & whisk until smooth and cream cheese has melted.
- Whisk in heavy cream.
- Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper, and bring sauce to a simmer while whisking frequently.
- Continue to heat and whisk sauce together until sauce thickets, which will take around 15 minutes. (Mine never really thickened much while on the stove, but I used half and half, which might have been the problem! It did thicken some once I removed it from the heat.)
- Stir in parmesan, then remove from heat to serve.
Serve with. . .
Veggies Green Giant Frozen Vegetables BOGO $1.99 at Publix
Salad Fresh Express Salad Mix BOGO $1.99 at Publix
Interact with 8922+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, and don’t forget ot enter to win a Kindle Fire!