The Friday Fluff Up: Use Tension Rods To Organize Drawers (Who Knew?)

I’m so excited about this very simple Friday Fluff Up project! For years I’ve been hoping to have my hubby add dividers in a few large drawers in our kitchen, however it wasn’t a project that was all that high up on his list. (Don’t you hate it when your list and his list don’t exactly match up?) ;)

20120309-085937.jpg

However, when I saw this smart idea on Pinterest, I decided even I could handle this one (all by myself!) I made a quick run to our brand-spankin’ new Target for the rods (which cost $4.83 each), and spent about ten minutes setting them in place . . . WOOHOO! (I’m betting you could get them even cheaper at Hobby Lobby using this 40% off coupon.)

20120309-085952.jpg

Here are a few other ideas clever uses for tension rods:

Do you know of any other clever ways to organize drawers in your kitchen?  I’d love to hear them!

Check out my favorite ideas over on Pinterest (you can follow me under ppennypincher if you’d like to get started . . . you know I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)

Check out previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!

Interact with 7890+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!

Comments

1. denise says:

Great idea! Besiedes using a tension rod for hanging up my shower curtain I also put another tension rod at the same level on the other side of the tub to hang wet towels on. Works great!

Great idea Denise! Amazing what you can do with those things – such a smart way to use it in the shower and save space :)

2. Cheryl Tucker says:

Awesome! Dividers was on my Target list, but this is better. I bet this would work for socks too!

I was trying to figure out how to do it for kitchen towels (which would be similar to socks). I’m afraid the stuff would slip in between unless you bought several rods? Hmmm…. (I really want to try it on my towel drawer above this one!)

3. Jill says:

Love this idea! We live in an apartment, so this is a quick fix that I can take with us when we move. Love, love Pinterest – I can spend hours looking through all the fun ideas :)

4. Leslie Parker says:

Trackbacks

1. [...] frugal idea on how you can use a Tension Rod to organize your kitchen drawers.  Head on over to Passionate Penny Pincher to learn how to Organize your Kitchen Drawers with Tension [...]

2. [...] rods (about $2 each) to fit your drawer. You can place the tension rods from front to back the way Passionate Penny Pincher demonstrates with before and after photos of her drawer. You can also insert tension rods from side to side in [...]