Best Ever Slow Cooker Recipe: Slow Cooked Italian Beef

20120107-204522.jpg

We have some crazy weather here in Alabama today, so instead of getting today’s Friday Fluff Up done (it’s just not gonna happen, the power’s already out and we’re almost out of internet service!), I thought I’d remind you about my favorite slow cooker recipe ever.  (Really, you have to try it!)

Publix has their shoulder roast on sale for $4.49/lb. this week, and this recipe will be worth every single penny pinched.  (I’d love to find a better price on shoulder roasts…. I’m curious what the price is at Sam’s Club?)  Enjoy, and if you’re in an area expecting bad weather today, stay safe!

Find more recipe ideas HERE.

Comments

1. Jen says:

This is in my slow cooker right now! We tried it when you had posted it previously, and really just love it. I think it’s safe to say it really is the best ever. Thanks!

So glad you like it! It really is my absolute favorite too, and I don’t even usually love beef all that much, but yummmmm! :) (I’m jealous that it’s in your slow cooker right now….)

2. Angela says:

Hey, Laurie! Since the last time you posted this recipe, I’ve made it twice…yum! My husband and son both love it. The second time I used two bottles of the pepperoncini for a bit more spice and au jus. I slice hoagie rolls and put a slice of provolone cheese on them under the broiler to melt, then top with the beef – they absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing the recipe! (Extra kudos because it is so easy!!)

I LOVE that it’s so easy! So glad you all like it Angela :) Sounds yummy with provolone (my mouth is watering….)

3. Jennifer B. says:

I’ve made this three times now and loved it every time. It is SOOOO easy and really yummy. Even my teen daughter who isn’t a big meat eater enjoys it. I love the leftovers, reheated in the microwave.

Anyone who is wondering if they should try this or not needs to give it a shot. YUM!

4. Crystal says:

Planning to make this for a large triple birthday family party over here tomorrow night!!! We loved it the last time and are SO excited to share with others- we even LOVE LOVE LOVE the peppers (and we’re not pepper people)…..it is THE BEST!