We had a few (brief!) quieter weeknights throughout January where we actually ate some super yummy meals at home, but this week we’re back to way too many nights of busy activities for my kiddos! So, as I was trying to figure out what on earth to make that would help us scoot out the door in a hurry, I was so excited to come up with this yummy sandwich.
It’s just a very basic grilled sandwich, but was so much better than a bowl of cereal on a busy night (which we’ve been known to have quite a few times as well!) Here’s how to make this one if your family has a few crazy busy nights too . . .
Grilled Deli Sandwiches
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sliced onion Sweet Onions on sale $.99 at Publix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil $1/1 Pompeian Olive Oil or OlivExtra Plus printable
or $1/1 Pompeian Olive Oil, exp. 12/31/12 (RP 11/13/11)
- 1 loaf Sourdough or Italian bread Sourdough Loaf on sale $3.99 at Kroger, or Italian Loaf should be around $1.99 at most stores
- smoked turkey or ham (or some of each) B3G1 Free Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Meats Target Coupon if included in sale
- Bacon, cooked $1/2 Smithfield Regular or Thick Sliced Bacon @Publix, exp. 2/12/12 (SS 01/08/12 #2 R)
- Swiss Cheese
- Cook onion and mushrooms in olive oil in skillet until mushrooms are tender and onions are translucent.
- Make sandwiches out of remaining ingredients, and coat outsides of bread with olive oil to grill.
- Grill on skillet for 4-5 minutes per side.
Serve with . . .
- $0.55 off Lay’s Dip wyb Potato Chips, exp. 2/5/12 (SS 01/22/12 R) &
$0.50/1 Lay’s Potato Chips, exp. 3/7/12 (Target, Super Strong Coupons Booklet) if considered a competitor
- Lay’s Dip On Sale $3.00 at Publix
- Publix Baby Cut Carrots, 16 oz bag – $1.29
Interact with 7551+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!