Looking for an easy meal to feed your family this week? This has got to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve thrown together, in fact I even used frozen chicken breast because I didn’t have time to thaw it out! Here’s how to make this quick dinner in your home too . . .
Slow Cooked Chicken Burritos
- 2 peppers (green, yellow or red) Florida Salad Peppers, 2 lb bag On Sale $2.99 at Publix
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast mine were frozen because I was in a hurry, but thawed chicken breast would also work fine! On Sale $1.99/lb. at Kroger or $2.99/lb. at Publix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- taco seasoning packet Casa Mamita Taco Mix $.35 at Aldi’s, or make this Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- tortillas Casa Mamita Taco Shells $0.99 at Aldi’s
- toppings for fajitas salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Put peppers & onion in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add chicken breast to slow cooker, top with taco seasoning packet, 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder & chicken broth.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with peppers. Add salt, additional chili powder & paprika, and mix well.
- Serve in tortillas & add salsa, sour cream or other toppings as desired. Yummy, and easy!!!
Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery, and you can also see more recipe ideas over on my Pinterest board!
Interact with 7815+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!