I think I might just have an addiction to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipes. I’ve posted them a time or two before (you can see my previous recipes HERE or HERE. . . .) But I’m thinking this one might just be my favorite, because it’s so incredibly easy! I literally dumped the ingredients in Mrs. Potts in the morning, and eight hours later it was all cooked up for me. (Doesn’t that just make you happy?)
It also makes a bunch. My hubby and I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch all week, and I’m thinking I’ll still have enough to freeze some more once we’re tired of it! So, you’ll have dinner tonight, dinner tomorrow night, and dinner in six weeks on a night when you’re just too busy to cook. Seriously, what more could you ask for in a recipe?
Here’s how to make it in your kitchen tonight . . .
Easiest Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup Ever adapted from Miller Musings
- 2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Ro-Tel
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn
- 1 onion, chopped $
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder*
- 1 Tbsp chile powder*
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin*
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro*Note: If you choose not to add the spices, you could just add a packet of taco seasoning (that’s what I did because I was in a hurry and had one on hand. . . Publix has their McCormick Taco Seasoning Mixes on sale right now for $.66!)
- Dump everything except the chicken breast in the crockpot.
- Place uncooked chicken breast on top of the other ingredients, making sure it’s submerged in the liquid.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Serve over tortilla chips. . . yummmm!
Serve with . . .
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese $1/1 Market Pantry Chunk or Shredded Cheese Product Target printable if considered a competitor