Homemade Soap Scum Remover

Looking for more homemade cleaning ideas? Make Homemade Jewelry or Ring CleanerHomemade Window Cleaner and sign up HERE for free daily emails!

I’m in a constant battle with soap scum in our shower, but this recipe for homemade soap scum remover is the best I’ve found.  Let me know if you have any other great tips!

Try this Cool Touch Microwave Bowl

Or Spray Bottles 24 oz

Mr.Clean Magic Erasers always help too! : )

Photo Credit:  Gailanng at Food.com

Comments

1. Debbie says:

I have found that the Mr. Clean srubbing sponge for the bathroom is the best thing ever! I have tried so many different products and this is the best and the easiest! One one problem – I never seem to find coupons for it…lol

I have tried that and it definitely worked the best… but you’re right there never are coupons! If only there was a coupon for full time maid service . . . :)

• Jennifer says:

I love it too but I think they stopped making it. I can’d find it anywhere

2. Julie says:

I would like to find a homemade mold remover….I have an older home and I get bad mold in a back bathroom but when I spray the bleach it just about kills me and anyone else home…lol…but super cool great idea!!!

Hmmmm….. that’s definitely a hard one! You could always try it (let me know if this one works – I’d love to know too!)

• Cindy says:

Bleach doesn’t actually kill the mold; it only whitens it! Try spraying with straight white vinegar. The smell will go away when it dries.

3. Whitney says:

Just to say that the 9 oz Dawn dish liquid is on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents, and I used my $.40/1 coupon to get it for even less … figured I could make a 9 oz batch of this in lieu of the 12 oz in the recipe, considering what was on sale. :)

4. Kara says:

Soap & small amount of water or a hydrogen solution for mold. Mold will actually feed on bleach as water is a main food source and bleach is 90% water…also very toxic.

5. chemicalbilly says:

Soap scum is calcium stearate and magnesium stearate. Try using BioWorx.us soap scum cleaner. They have laboratory proof they dissolve soap scum. Showers also have what is called sebum which vinegar and most other homemade products can’t clean. Sebum is the waxy oil our bodies secrete. A good shower cleaner must remove soap scum and sebum to be effective.