Enter to win this week’s $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card & Chex Mix Giveaway, and sign up for Passionate Penny Pincher emails for a chance to win a $5o Gift Certificate!
As we’ve begun the Christmas Crazies at our house, there’s not much time left for menu planning or grocery shopping, so I’m trying to see how many meals we can make from the pantry. It’s also been a great way to save a few pennies while spending in other areas this Christmas . . . any time I don’t have to walk in the store I save at least a dollar or two!
So, here’s a simple recipe that I’m betting you can make from your pantry, but if you do have to make a quick run to the store it still won’t bust your budget!
Slow Cooked Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef Ground Chuck, 3.29/lb at Publix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans with liquid
- 1 (15 oz.) kidney beans with liquid
- 1 can whole kernel corn We used creamed corn because that’s what I accidentally opened up before reading the label! Green Giant Canned Vegetables, 4 pk BOGO $4.99
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce $0.75/1 Muir Glen Product printable , $0.40/2 Hunts Tomatoes printable
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans peeled and diced tomatoes $0.75/1 Muir Glen Product printable , $0.40/2 Hunts Tomatoes printable$0.40/2 Hunts Tomatoes printable
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile peppers (optional. . . we left them out because they weren’t in my pantry!)
- 1 (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix $0.50/1 Old El Paso printable
- Brown ground beef, drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning mix.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, & cheese. . . yummmm!
Recipes adapted from All Recipes. (I love that place!) Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Gallery.
Interact with 6596+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!