Simple 7 Up Biscuits

Enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate when you sign up for PPP emails!

I found these simply delicious (easy!) biscuits over on Pinterest, and knew my little crew would love them . . . and oh my goodness they sure did!  My husband took one bite and was hooked . . . however when I asked him what the secret ingredient he replied “ummmm . . . butter?”  Nope, no secret to that one here, but they’ll never guess that the 7-UP is in there (plus, it’s a great science experiment to let your kiddos watch as the 7-Up gets all foamy while you mix!)  We actually doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9×13 pan which worked perfectly for my bunch, so if you need a few more biscuits just double it up.

7 UP Biscuits

Ingredients

1. 2 cups Bisquick $0.50/1 Bisquick Baking Mix or Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix printable
    2. 1/2 cup sour cream $1/2 Breakstone’s Sour Cream printable
    3. 1/2 cup 7 Up
    4. 1/4 cup melted butter $1/2 Land ‘O Lakes Margarine, exp. 12/31/11 (ALL YOU Nov ’11), $0.50/2 Land O’Lakes Butter Packages, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 10/23/11), or $0.50/1, $0.35/1 Land O’Lakes Fresh Buttery Taste Spread, Margarine,Product, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 10/16/11)
Directions
  1. Cut sour cream into Bisquick mix.
  2. Add 7 Up and stir until it makes a soft dough.
  3. Use a little extra Biscuick to sprinkle onto counter top.  Pat dough out and cut into biscuits.  (I just use a small cup dipped in flour or Bisquick to easily cut biscuits.)
  4. Melt butter in 9 inch square pan in oven.
  5. Place cut biscuits into pan and bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
Serve with honey, or a little Cinnamon Butter . . . yummmmm! (and dinner, of course. . .) ;)
Recipe adapted from Plain ChickenThanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals!  If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the  the Recipe Gallery.

Interact with 6250+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!

Comments

1. Julie says:

OMGosh!!! you totally have me hooked by the pic….I am so gonna make these babies… and another you totally rock…im out of ink so l totally saved it in a pdf …how sweet of you to help…love your site!!!

2. Jennifer G. says:

Yea, if that picture is true to the taste…….WOW! I am so trying these tonight!

3. Jessica says:

These look fabulous–the only 7Up I tend to have around the house is Cherry 7Up–thinking that that might be a little odd :)

Hmmm…. yes, they’d definitely be different! :) (Maybe it would be like a jelly filling though ~ I almost wonder if the cherry flavor would cook right out!)

4. Julie says:

Ok I made these and lets just say first I felt like my grandma making her buttermilk biscuits…(not a bad thing)…lets just say her hands must have been doing the work…lol because they turned out so great…I know my grandma would have been proud of me heheh…she past away march of 2009 and took lots of great cooking with her,….however I tried to learn alittle from her…I got her dressing down for sure!!! Thank you for posting this simple easy yummies..

So glad you liked them Julie – and what great memories of your grandma making biscuits! (Isn’t it funny how rolling out homemade biscuit dough just makes you feel like a kid?) Love that you make homemade dressing ~ now that’s a challenge! ;)

5. Stephanie says:

These look absolutely wonderful!! I don’t want to buy Bisquick since I have tons of flour. Do you have any idea how to do them with flour instead?? Thanks!!

6. SheilaG says:

Loving that picture! My sister makes the best biscuits in the world. I’ve never been able to get mine to turn out right- now there’s hope! I’m so gonna’ try these- then I’m gonna’ try them with gluten-free bisquick…. :)

I bet they’d work great w/ gluten free Bisquick as well … let me know if you all like them Sheila! (I promise these will work for you!) :)

7. donna says:

Just found this recipe. Have no idea how I got to it. But, I’m glad I did. These look and sound delicious! Can’t wait to try them.

8. Jennifer says:

I *love* these biscuits! My whole family loves them :) but I have made them twice now and the dough is so sticky I can barely work with it :( any suggestions?

It’s been awhile since I’ve made them, but I definitely remember them being sticky too. One thing that I do if I just can’t work with it is add in a little extra flour (usually when I bake any recipe with dough my kitchen is covered in flour!) Also, before trying to make them, make sure your hands are COVERED in flour…. and if they’re still to sticky just add a little more in. (You don’t want to add too much in because it’ll make them dry out, but at least enough to make it work!) Hope that helps :)

9. Debbie says:

Can you make these a day ahead?

10. Susan says:

Just wanted to add that my family loves these! I have used other citrus sodas like Sundrop and Mountain Dew and not noticed a difference. We also leave out the butter. I better not try it with the butter, my family might like it even more. ;)

11. Gina says:

Have you tried these with Sprite? I have tons of Sprite left from punch making.

12. Les Pogue says:

they work great with Sprite and double easily and oh my lands are they delish :)

13. Emelda Bush says:

iadd more bisquick and use spoon turn out very good.

14. I’ll definitely give this recipe a try.

15. tricia says:

Do you have a clean substitute that you could use for 7up?

16. Stacey Shandell Ellison says:

How many servings does it make?