I found these simply delicious (easy!) biscuits over on Pinterest, and knew my little crew would love them . . . and oh my goodness they sure did! My husband took one bite and was hooked . . . however when I asked him what the secret ingredient he replied “ummmm . . . butter?” Nope, no secret to that one here, but they’ll never guess that the 7-UP is in there (plus, it’s a great science experiment to let your kiddos watch as the 7-Up gets all foamy while you mix!) We actually doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9×13 pan which worked perfectly for my bunch, so if you need a few more biscuits just double it up.
7 UP Biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick $0.50/1 Bisquick Baking Mix or Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix printable
- 1/2 cup sour cream $1/2 Breakstone’s Sour Cream printable
- 1/2 cup 7 Up
- 1/4 cup melted butter $1/2 Land ‘O Lakes Margarine, exp. 12/31/11 (ALL YOU Nov ’11), $0.50/2 Land O’Lakes Butter Packages, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 10/23/11), or $0.50/1, $0.35/1 Land O’Lakes Fresh Buttery Taste Spread, Margarine,Product, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 10/16/11)
- Cut sour cream into Bisquick mix.
- Add 7 Up and stir until it makes a soft dough.
- Use a little extra Biscuick to sprinkle onto counter top. Pat dough out and cut into biscuits. (I just use a small cup dipped in flour or Bisquick to easily cut biscuits.)
- Melt butter in 9 inch square pan in oven.
- Place cut biscuits into pan and bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
Interact with 6250+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!