Passionate Giving: A Call To Action

If you’re unable to see the video, start HERE.

“And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.” Matthew 10:42

Check out previous Passionate Penny Pincher videos HERE, and read more about Passionate Giving.

Interact with 6042+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals.

Comments

1. alice smith says:

You are awesome! Thanks for the reminder!

2. Lolly says:

What do you think about publishing a list of the food pantries you know of who also serve children?

• Denise says:

That would be helpful also.

Lolly & Denise – in our area, almost all the food pantries serve children and adults. I’m working on an article for our local newspaper and Asbury UMC’s pantry (the one I give to most frequently) serves families all over Madison County, plus provides snacks to the Harvest Youth Club and sends backpacks to impoverished youth in our city each weekend. So, I guess my thought is that most of the food pantries that we help typically help families as well.

I’ll see if I can come up with a list – I’ve searched for a good national list of food pantries and have had a hard time finding one that is kept up to date! Also, while I love helping children in need, I try to remember that many of the adult homeless/needy population are in that situation due to emotional, physical, and mental disabilities that I cannot begin to imagine. But, I’ll see what I can find out!

3. Jessica S. says:

Thanks, Laurie… This is the best form of “extreme” couponing… Not hoarding, but giving. And you’re right. One $.50 item a week will make a world of difference if we all pitch in! Thanks for using your blog as a platform for this kind of encouragement!

Thanks Jessica! It’s such an easy thing to do – and it does make it so much more fun to coupon (it’s a lot of work to do just for me!) :

4. Bree says:

Sometimes giving doesn’t have to be at the food pantry, but family.
    Every few months my mother visits her sister whose company closed down, but moved her to another job. Unfortunately she’s had to start from the bottom of the ladder and is now trying to make it on less than income than before. Add in that she takes care of her grandkids regularly and I can’t imagine the difficulty.
    Before my mother leaves to visit we put together foods that we’ve collected in that time. The meat doesn’t travel well, but giving her a cake mix that we found out she used a few weeks later for her grandson’s birthday made us feel we took part in that celebration too. Chef boyardee, macaroni, fruit juices are all luxuries in that house – and my family gets it on a regular basis!
    Yes there is a food pantry closer, but sometimes giving several boxes of food and clothes to family three hours away reminds them how much they are loved and can really lift their spirits.

Bree – I love that. I think you’re right – sometimes the people we need to give to our right within our own family. Thanks for the reminder!