I love easy recipes . . . any recipe that includes the word “dump” in the directions just make me happy. So, here’s a super simple recipe for slow cooked tortilla soup, that should take just a few minutes to dump into Mrs. Potts, your friendly helper who does all the work for you while you direct
traffic (ahem, children) around your kitchen before dinnertime.
It’s also just plain ole’ delicious, and my hubby and I just gobbled down every last bit of ours.
Simple Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken use leftovers from Roast Sticky Rotisserie Style Chicken or try this Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe
- 1 can Ro-Tel I used the chunky variety, you might be able to also substitute with a cup of salsa if you’re all out of Rotel
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup $.48 at Target this week!
- 1 can corn, drained we substituted with frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- tortilla chips $1/1 Tostitos Dip wyb Tostitos Tortilla Chips, exp. 9/30/11 (Tearpad)
- sour cream optional, $1/2 Friendship Cottage Cheese or Sour Cream, exp. 9/30/11 (SS 07/24/11)
- shredded cheese optional, $1/2 Sargento Shredded Cheese, exp. 9/9/11 (Publix Yellow Advantage) note expiration date
- Dump first ten ingredients into slow cooker aka Mrs. Potts
- Cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Place tortilla chips in bowls. Pour soup over tortilla chips, then add cheddar cheese & sour cream, if desired.
- Enjoy, and freeze any leftovers for a busy night this winter!
Interact with 5480+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals, or subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email!