We’ve been trying to eat from the pantry these last few weeks, and I managed to make this entire meal from our freezer, pantry, and garden tonight, except for purchasing one lone zucchini (for a whopping dollar!)
All of these items also happen to be on sale at Publix this week, so if you’re fridge isn’t quite stocked up, you should still be able to make this meal for under $5. It also takes just under twenty-two minutes to put together, which is always a requirement around here now that the school year is revving up! Here’s the recipe . . .
Zucchini & Smoked Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces Butterball Turkey Smoked Sausage $2.50, use $0.65/1 Turkey Dinner Sausage exp. 8/31/11 (SS 06/26/11)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 zucchini, thinly sliced Zucchini Squash, 1.49/lb
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4. tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup Philadelphia Italian Herb Cooking Creme Use $.75/1 Kraft Cooking Creme stacked with $.75/1 Kraft Cooking Creme Publix store coupon
- Cooked pasta or rice $1/1 Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta, exp. 9/10/11 (SS 05/15/11)
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove sausage from skillet, and add olive oil, onion & zucchini until zucchini is slightly tender.
- Add sausage back to skill and then add garlic salt, salt, Italian Seasoning, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir until all ingredients are combined, then add tomatoes and Italian Herb Cooking Creme.
- Cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until all ingredients are hot. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the RecipeIndex or see updated recipes over HERE.