This is a guest post from Tiffany who blogs at Eat At Home. I’m so excited because I met her last week at the Savvy Blogging Conference, and she’s about to launch her e-book, Feast in 15 .(I promise to share more details next week when it’s available!) After checking out her recipes I know you guys will love them because they’re simple, quick recipes that will keep your family pinching a penny while eating at home. Thanks so much for the recipe, Tiffany!
Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs Recipe courtesy of Eat At Home
For the kabobs:
- 1 1/2 – 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast (depending on the size of your family), cut in 1-inch pieces On Sale $2.99/lb. at Publix or $1.99/lb. at Kroger
- 2 tablespoons sugar $0.50/1 C&H Granulated Sugar Product, exp. 9/30/11 (RP 06/26/11), $0.50/1 Imperial Granulated Sugar printable
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce $1/1 Kikkoman Product printable or $0.55/1 Kikkoman Soy Sauce, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 05/15/11)
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1 green pepper, in chunk sized pieces
- 1 onion, in chunk sized pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved $.50/2 Dole Pineapple Chunks
- rice $0.50/1 Mahatma or Water Maid Rice, exp. 8/31/11 (RP 05/01/11)
For the dipping sauce:
- Pineapple juice from the can of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vinegar $0.50/1 Heinz Vinegars printable
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar $.50/1 Imperial Brown Sugar or $0.75/2 Domino Sugar Product, exp. 7/31/11 (RP 05/22/11)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce $1/1 Kikkoman Product printable or $0.55/1 Kikkoman Soy Sauce, exp. 12/31/11 (SS 05/15/11)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Mix sugar, soy sauce garlic together and pour over the chicken, coating well.
- Refrigerate chicken for anywhere from 3o minutes to several hours
- Thread the meat, veggies & pineapple on the skewers, and grill over medium heat, turning frequently. Cook until chicken is done (no longer than 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, mix dipping sauce ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil until thickened some, and serve with kabobs & steamed rice.
Have you made kabobs this summer at your home? My kiddos love pineapple, so I’m looking forward to trying this one out soon.
Other recipes to try out on Eat At Home . . .
- Slaw with Tomato, Red Onion & Jalapeno
- Smokey Chipotle Chicken Tacos (slow cooker recipe!)
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
- Buster Bars oh my heavens, those just look amazing
Interact with 4950+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter