I. LOVE. MY. SLOW. COOKER. (Really. Have I mentioned that before?) There’s just nothing better than waking up in the morning with a plan of attack for the day . . . (well, at least a plan for dinner) . . . . and knowing that my cooking is just about finished up by 8 AM. (Even in the midst of summertime, I just love that!)
So, here’s what we tried out tonight (seriously some good stuff . . . your family will love this!) Just make sure to stick your meat and marinade in the fridge the night before you make it, so it’ll be all set to dump in the crockpot in the morning. (And don’t forget you could even go ahead and freeze your meat in the marinade, and thaw it out when you’re ready to cook it!)
*And yes, that would be my Reagan peeking into the corner of the photo. I didn’t realize until after we’d eaten that she managed to poke into every single picture I took tonight!
Open Faced Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 (2-3 pound) beef sirloin tip roast
- Homemade Bread or store bought Italian loaf, sliced thick & lightly toasted
- Provolone or Monterey Jack Cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix together teriyaki or soy sauce, beef broth, vegetable oil, brown sugar, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place roast in large plastic bag, pour marinade over beef. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast and marinade in slow cooker. Cook on low for seven to eight hours. I turned mine over halfway through the day so that it all soaked in the marinade.
- Once beef is cooked, toast bread and place on baking sheet. Layer shredded beef, then provolone or monterey jack cheese.
- Broil in oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned. Enjoy!
Serve with . . .
Fresh Corn on the Cob Georgia Sweet Corn $1.99 for four at Publix, or $.38 each at Kroger
Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.