Time For A Treat: Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake

This is absolutely the yummiest, easiest cobbler recipe I’ve ever tried, and while I was little scared off by the pineapple at first, our family absolutely loved it!   You all won’t believe what a deal this one is (or how yummy!), and . . .  oh my goodness – YUMMMMMMM!!!

Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake

Ingredients

• 1 box yellow cake mix Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mix BOGO $1.80, use FREE Duncan Hines Premium Cake or Brownie Mix wyb (2) Duncan Hines Products, exp. 9/5/11 (SS 06/05/11), or use $2/1 Milk when you buy Pillsbury Cake Mix & Frosting
  • 2 cups blueberries On Sale at Publix $2.00 in current ad
  • 2 sticks of melted butter or margarine we used margarine
  • 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple $0.50/2 Dole Pineapple or Tropical Fruit, exp. 6/30/11 (SS 04/10/11)

Directions

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.  Put blueberries and pineapple in 9×13 baking dish or casserole.  Shake cake mix over top, then drizzle with melted butter or margarine.   (My littlest made this one – I just put it all out for her to dump!)  You won’t need to mix the cake mix with anything, just drizzle well with margarine (I know that’s hard to imagine, but it really does work!)

Cook for 45 minutes or until brown on the top. Enjoy!

Looking for more blueberry recipes?  Try out these Blueberry Scone Muffins.

Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals.  If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out theRecipe Index.  Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.

Comments

1. Brandy says:

You can do this with pretty much any fruit and flavored cake mix!! I’ve done strawberries and cherries and chocolate cake mix..yummy!! You can do it with just pineapple….the choices are pretty much endless! You just have to make sure the fruit is liquidy enough for the cake mix to soak up….I’ve added fruit juice to help it out before!!! sooooooo easy!

• Brandy says:

Oh, and also, I don’t even melt the butter. I just cut it up in small squares and layer over the top!! Works fine

Thanks for the tips Brandy – I love the idea of trying it with different flavors! (This stuff is soooooo good!)

2. Jen says:

You can skip the butter and use a can of 7up or Sprite instead. Diet soda works too.

3. Candace says:

Do you mix all of the juice from the pineapple or do you drain it?

4. factord_agin says:

FINALLY have a free morning tomorrow with my sweet girls! Gonna give this one a try….and that chocolate and strawberry idea sounds really, really good too!

There’s nothing better than a morning free Amy! Let me know if you like it :) (And more importantly, enjoy your morning!!!)

• factord_agin says:

We’ve soooo enjoyed it! The girls got to stay in their pj’s all morning, yay!!! And my house smells like melted butter and pineapple….never a bad thing! The cake will be finished in about 5 minutes. We are all soo excited….this might just be our lunch!

So glad you liked it – and such fun to spend the morning in jammies! (I think I may add that to our summer to-do list . . . leave it to a mom to have to schedule that!)

5. Anne says:

Loved this receipe and it was soooo simple and even more yummy!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

6. Jeni says:

I need some recipies since we went to a pick your own blueberry place in Toney. Berries were $1.50/lb and we had a great time!