- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat B
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss together first ten ingredients in bowl.
- Unroll crescent dough, and arrange on flat baking pan (you’ll have two rows of squares across and four rows of squares down – does that make sense at all?)
- Pinch together the perforations in the crescent rolls so that it’s one large rectangle.
- Keeping a three inch strip in the center, cut slits on the right and left side for your braid.
- Spread the chicken mixture down the center of the Pillsbury crescent rolls, then braid the dough over the chicken mixture.
- Whisk together egg white, and brush the braided dough with the egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown.
On the right half of the braid I only used chicken, broccoli and cheese for the picker eaters at our house!
Serve with . .
Fresh Express Salad Blends BOGO
Texas Toast Croutons Advantage Buy $1 Use $.50/1 Texas Toast 4/3/2011 SS
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.