Decadent Blondie Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional, not included in our kitchen!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour (I aways just use a whisk and fluff it up – it works great!)
- Add baking powder, baking soda & salt, then sift again. Add nuts (optional).
- In seperate bowl, melt butter. (If you use shortening, add two tablespoons hot water after you’ve melted the shortening.) Add 2 cups brown sugar, allow to cool slightly.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla, blend well. Slowly add the flour mixture, until completely mixed in.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and spread into 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, then cool on wire rack before cutting into squares.