Are you looking for a special side dish to share this week for Memorial Day? This is our family’s favorite (seriously, best ever) Broccoli Cheese Casserole, and it’s so yummy that I ate it cold (right out of the fridge . . . ) for dinner last night. 🙂
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Frozen Broccoli I used two bags of Birdseye Chopped Broccoli $0.35/1 Birds Eye Steamfresh Frozen Vegetables printable
- 16 oz. Velveeta Kraft Velveeta BOGO $3.84 at Publix
- 3/4 stick of margarine $1/2 Land O Lakes Margarine printable
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers $1/2 Ritz or Ritz Bits Crackers printable
- 1/4 stick margarine
- Cook broccoli in microwave.
- Meanwhile, melt Velveeta & 3/4 stick margarine on stove top over low heat.
- Thoroughly drain broccoli. (You’ll want to press out as much excess water as you can so that the Cheese Sauce doesn’t become runny.)
- Stir together broccoli and velveeta mixture, then put in 8×11 casserole dish.
- Melt remaining 1/4 stick of margarine in margarine. Crush Ritz crackers and mix with margarine, then top Broccoli Cheese mixture with crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until cooked through and crackers begin to brown. Enjoy!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.