My Little Lady(bug) Turns Four (And the Makings of One Sad Momma . . .)

Do you know how hard it is to get a decent picture of a crazy-silly four year old? :)

My little Reagan turned four today, and it’s feeling a wee bit bittersweet!  I’ve been at home with a baby or toddler for eleven years now (unbelievable!), and it’s hard to imagine only one more year at home with this little girl.  She had the cutest “Ladybug” birthday yesterday with six (yes, six!) two to four year olds, and all I can say is that whoever came up with those little bubble-blower-thingies was simply genius!

Happy Birthday, Baby!  (sniff, sniff . . . )

Comments

1. Jennifer says:

Mine just turned three and I can relate to the sadness (I was sad at almost every stage of infancy) and the difficulty of getting a decent shot. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I get her to smile!

2. Jen says:

Happy Birthday, Reagan! And Mom, that cake is awesome! Did you make it yourself??

I did make the cake myself – I’ve made almost all of my kid’s cakes, and this was the easiest and one of my favorites (but my hands are now stained red from turning the fondant red and black!)

3. andrea says:

Happy birthday Reagan!! I can’t believe how big she is getting and how much she is really looking like her big sister too:)

4. alice says:

What a sweet little girl and a cute cake! Hard to believe how grown up she is now! I remember when she was only 2!!!!!!!! She is such a cutie!

5. Leigh says:

Happy Birthday Reagan! I can remember when she was born! Amazing cake!! I wish I had the “gift” of decorating.

You could soooooooo do this cake Leigh – just color the fondant, roll it out, and place on the cake! (I used cups to cut out the circle and the head). It’s really easy if you ever do something like it!

6. amanda says:

She is so sweet

7. Jen says:

Happy Birthday Reagan! It is bittersweet when our babies grow up!

8. Kim says:

Happy Birthday sweet Reagan!! She is just absolutely beautiful….like her sister & brother (don’t tell Jackson I said that)! :-) Love the cake Laurie…amazing!