My little girl turned eight this Sunday, and her favorite food ever is Monkey Bread! Well, I thought I had a pretty good recipe for Monkey Bread, but when I tried out my friend Paige’s Monkey Bread I realized she had me beat (and my family agreed!)
If you’re planning to pick up loads of cheap biscuits at Publix this week, this would be a great recipe to try out over the weekend
Crazy Good Monkey Bread
- 3 cans biscuits
- 1 ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 ½ sticks butter or margarine
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Cut biscuits into quarters and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture (at our house we put the biscuits in plastic bags and my kids shake until their heart’s content!)
- Melt butter; mix with brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Put half of biscuits into a greased bundt pan & pour half of brown sugar mixture over it.
- Put remaining biscuits in bundt pan & then remaining brown sugar in bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Top with powdered sugar glaze.
- 3 T butter, melted
- 2/3 c. confectioners’ sugar $0.35/1 Imperial Sugar Product
- 1 t water
Mix together ingredients for glaze. Pour glaze over Monkey Bread when removed from bundt pan & still warm. YUMMMMMM!