My little girl turned eight this Sunday, and her favorite food ever is Monkey Bread! Well, I thought I had a pretty good recipe for Monkey Bread, but when I tried out my friend Paige’s Monkey Bread I realized she had me beat (and my family agreed!)
If you’re planning to pick up loads of cheap biscuits at Publix this week, this would be a great recipe to try out over the weekend
Crazy Good Monkey Bread
- 3 cans biscuits Pillsbury Grands Biscuits On Sale $1.00, use $5.00/20 Italian Days Publix Coupon
stacked with $0.30/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands! or Grands! Jr. , $0.30/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands! Biscuits, $0.30/2 Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits , $0.30/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits 2/13/2011 GM or $0.40/3 Pillsury 2/13/2011 GM Insert
- 1 ½ c. brown sugar $0.50/1 Dixie Crystals, Poly Light or Dark Brown
- 1 ½ sticks butter or margarine
- 1 T cinnamon $.55/1 McCormick Spice Publix Healthy Beginnings Booklet (Manufacturer Coupon)
- 1/2 cup white sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon $0.50/1 Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- Pam Cooking Spray BOGO $3.18, $.35/1 Pam Cooking Spray 1/23/2011 SS, $1.50/2 Pam Cooking Spray 1/23/2011 SS
- Cut biscuits into quarters and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture (at our house we put the biscuits in plastic bags and my kids shake until their heart’s content!)
- Melt butter; mix with brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Put half of biscuits into a greased bundt pan & pour half of brown sugar mixture over it.
- Put remaining biscuits in bundt pan & then remaining brown sugar in bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Top with powdered sugar glaze.
- 3 T butter, melted
- 2/3 c. confectioners’ sugar $0.35/1 Imperial Sugar Product
- 1 t water
Mix together ingredients for glaze. Pour glaze over Monkey Bread when removed from bundt pan & still warm. YUMMMMMM!
Thanks to I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.