Looking for a new dish to try out this Super Bowl Sunday? Well here’s an easy dip that’s quick and doesn’t require too much prep work, and since it’s refrigerated you can make ahead of time and pull it out in time for the game. If you’re looking for a few more Super Bowl appetizers that would also work well with this week’s sale at Publix (or at most grocery stores as everyone has party food on sale this week), try out some Buffalo Chicken Dip (my hubby’s favorite), Restaurant Style Nachos (yummmmm!) or everyone’s favorite Ro-Tel Dip!
Sassy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- (2) 8 oz. package cream cheese softened On Sale $1.25, use $.50/2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese, stacked with $.50/2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese Target Store Coupon at Publix, or on Mega Sale $.99 at Kroger
- 4 green onions $.59 per bunch at Publix
- (10 oz.) can of Ro-tel BOGO $1.38 at Publix, use $.25/1 from recent insert (I think 1/23 SS) stacked with $.75/3 from Publix Yellow Advantage Buy Flier
- 1 tsp. minced garlic $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- 1 tbsp. chili powder $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- 1 tsp. cumin $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- 1 tsp. dried oregano $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- 1 tsp. paprika $0.75/1 McCormick Spice or Herb 1/2 RP Insert
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and blend well (I used a mixer).
- Cover and refrigerate 2 at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with Nachos of course! (Does it get much easier than that?)
Recipe adapted from All Recipes. Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.