My friend made this recipe over the weekend and it’s one of those oh-my-goodness-I’ve-just-fallen-in-love-with-this-recipe kind of foods. Seriously, they’re amazing! If you enjoy peanut butter balls, then you will love (love!!!!) these. (I think they were even better than the peanut butter balls, and that’s sayin’ something!)
Here’s the recipe . . .
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies courtesy of Betty Crocker
- Betty Crocker Original Supreme Premium brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box On Sale $2, use $0.50/1 Betty Crocker Brownie or Dessert Mixes 2/13/2011 GM stacked with $1/1 Betty Crocker Brownie or Dessert Mix Publix Store Coupon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar $0.50/1 Dixie Crystals, Poly Light or Dark Brown
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.
- Prepare brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about one hour.
- Beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Thanks to I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Index. Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.