These are some yummy dumplin’s . . . in fact this might just be my new favorite crockpot recipe! This has got to be one of the simplest recipes ever, and your family will think you’ve spent all day in the kitchen They taste just about as good as Cracker Barrel’s (don’t you just love those?), which is a pretty big treat around our house.
If you have time to make real dumplings from scratch these homemade ones are absolutely the best, but if you’re in a hurry on a busy weeknight, pull out your crockpot and let it do the cooking for you.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1 can water I just used the can from the cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cans biscuits cut in quarters, smaller if you use Grands!***
***We actually used two cans of the cheap biscuits (the ones that come cans to one pack), and they worked perfectly. Since the Grands! are on sale, just be sure to cut up into pieces no larger than 1 inch, as you’ll want them to have plenty of time to cook all the way through!
- Place chicken breast, soup, broth, water, salt, garlic powder, pepper & onion in crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Two hours before dinner time, add quartered biscuits to crockpot. Gently stir in biscuits so that they’re covered. (I used 1 and 1/2 of the two small cans of biscuits – enough to fill up the top of my crockpot. . .you can use any leftover biscuits to bake and enjoy with your meal!)
- Cook two more hours on low.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve with . . .
More Grands biscuits, of course!
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef Sliders
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef
- Slow Cooked French Dip Sliders
- Slow Cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooked Creamy Italian Chicken
- Ranch House Slow Cooked Pork Chops
- Slow Cooked Chicken & Dressing
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich
- Perfect Slow Cooked Pot Roast
This post is linked to Balancing Beauty & Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesday.