What’s For Thanksgiving Dessert? Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

This is a re-post of my absolute favorite homemade pie EVER, and I wanted to remind you to try it out this Thanksgiving!  While I love Pecan Pie also, this one is just the perfect pie. . . I can’t wait until Thanksgiving!

My brother-in-law makes this Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact I often do!)  This recipe is from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen!), so you know it’s gotta be good!  Here’s the recipe . . .

Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie

Ingredients
 Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
  3. Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
  4. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
  5. Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools. Serves 8.

Enjoy!  (I promise you’ll love this one!)

Thanks to I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sisters for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for bargain meal deals.  If you need a little more menu inspiration, visit the Recipe Index!  Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals.

Comments

1. Jennifer B. says:

I have a question about this pie. It sounds delicious and I’d like to give it a try, but I’m a not very experienced baker. I’ve only ever made the Karo syrup recipe for pecan pie before. Is that a top crust on the pie in the photo? Or does the pie actually set up that way since there’s flour in it? Just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

Great question Jennifer! First of all, if I can make this one, ANYone can :) It’s not a top crust on the pie – it just sets up like that because of the flour. I promise you will love this one if you try it!

I actually was just thinking this morning that this is so much easier than a traditional pecan pie because the flour really does help it set up on it’s own, and it’s a little more “cakey” than a regular pecan pie (not as gooey). Hope that helps!

2. alice says:

Ok, I have to make this pie again after seeing it on re-posted on your blog. It is delicious and I have all the ingredients! Yay!

Oh good Alice! My friend Nikki’s making it too . . . I don’t know if I can wait another week for it :) I’m so glad you liked it!!!

3. Jennifer B. says:

Made this pie for Thanksgiving. You are right — it was easy! My family enjoyed it. It reminded me of a cookie, more than a pie.

Thanks again!

4. Allie H says:

Hi! My sister shared your recipe with me, and I made it today. I gotta tell you, I’m not a baker at all, but this was SUPER easy, and incredibly delicious. My BF even posted on FB how much he liked it lol It’s going into my “go to” recipe collection.

I’m going to post this recipe on my blog to share with my friends. I will be linking back to yours to give you the credit. Thanks for the awesome recipe!!!!

Thanks Allie – I’m so glad you liked it! (I actually just ate a piece from our Thanksgiving leftovers . . . I’ll be paying for it at the gym this week for sure!) Thanks for linking back :)