This is a re-post of my absolute favorite homemade pie EVER, and I wanted to remind you to try it out this Thanksgiving! While I love Pecan Pie also, this one is just the perfect pie. . . I can’t wait until Thanksgiving!
My brother-in-law makes this Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact I often do!) This recipe is from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen!), so you know it’s gotta be good! Here’s the recipe . . .
- 1 cup sugar $0.40/1 Domino Sugar 11/14/2010 RP Insert (exp 1/31/2011), or $0.75/1 Imperial Sugar Product
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour Gold Medal Flour On Sale $1.49
- 1/2 cup melted butter (it’s not as good with margarine) Land O Lakes Sweet Cream Butter$2.50, use $0.50/1 Land O’ Lakes Spreadable Butter Product if included in sale, $0.50/2 Land O’ Lakes Butter Products , or $0.50/2 or $1/2 Land O Lakes Butter 10/24/2010 SS Insert (exp 12/31/2010)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 oz. package chocolate chips I’m betting you stockpiled those last week
- 1 cup chopped pecans We lucked have TONS of pecans from my in-laws Pecan trees, I know these are a bit pricy so if you find a deal on them I’d love to hear about it!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla $0.25/1 McCormick Spice or Extract 11/7/2010 RP (exp 12/19/2010)
- 9 inch unbaked pie shell Pillsbury Pie Crusts On Sale $2, Use $0.50/2 Pillsbury Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crusts , $0.50/2 Pillsbury Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crusts , $0.50/2 Pillsbury Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
- Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
- Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools. Serves 8.
Enjoy! (I promise you’ll love this one!)